2012 HSC Legal Studies Paper, 15 mark question on crime. HELP ANYONE??!! (1 Viewer)

mina96

HSC
Hello guys, i am new to this website so any help and guidance would be very much appreciated :)
I need help with this question, 'To what extent are courts the only means of achieving justice within the criminal justice system?'
I'm having a brain freeze atm and i really need help. I've got an exam tomorrow for this. So anyone, thanks in advance :)

HSC
A couple of things I talked about were:
- The effective and ineffective parts of courts. I focused on the flaws with jury trials, the issues (and positives) with the adversarial system of trial, and difficulties with accessing the courts, due to legal aid constraints, as well as the idea of justice from certain perspectives e.g. victims, who may be denied certain rights in court, especially in relation to things like plea bargaining
- Alternative means of achieving justice. Examples could be circle sentencing, which is more culturally sensitive for Indigenous offenders, diversionary schemes such as the Drug Court (which you could even consider as a positive aspect of achieving justice within courts) and MERIT program
- And remember, the question is 'To what extent...' so make some sort of a judgement, based on the arguments you choose.

Good luck with it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)