• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

3 Unit english in Year 12 (1 Viewer)

ARX-8

HSC
Hi everybody! I was just wondering if i wanted to do 3 english in year 12 will I have to do it in year 11 first or can I just change from 2 to 3 in year 12? I was pretty sure that I didn't but then my friends started saying you did so now I'm just confused.......please help me!

nwatts

HSC
Yes you need to have finished preliminary (year 11) extension english for you to do it as a hsc subject (in year 12).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
What nwatts states is completely true, however there are ways to compress preliminary so that you can sit the Ext 1 English exam the same year as the rest. There are two methods of doing this - one is by taking the course at TAFE while doing the rest at school(more info on that in the link in my sig), the second is coming to an arrangement with your school that you will complete the preliminary reqiurements before next term.

HSC
for each first extension, you must have completed the preliminary year 11 course. Extensions of extensions, start at the beginning of year 12

3 unit <- year 11 needed (History, English, Maths)
4 unit <-- starts in year 12 (english, maths).

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
nwatts said:
Yes you need to have finished preliminary (year 11) extension english for you to do it as a hsc subject (in year 12).
as kami said too, nwatts is right, because think about it logically, how easy would it be for everyone if they just didn't do it in year 11, bludge, and then take it on in year 12, its unfair to those who put in the extra work in year 11.

steban

violin dude
HSC
and music extension, yr 12

one COULD probably manage extension 1 english from just year 12, but yeah, you need it in yr 11 to gain entry to yr 12 extension 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)