• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4 days to go... (2 Viewers)

Leap

free falling
HSC
i will never be satisfied with my MW and Reflection Statement...
me neither...I'm such a perfectionist. I hate my major work :chainsaw:

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
in a way i just want it to be all over, but it will never be good enough.. :( i am starting to hate it by now, especially with all the changes that my teacher thinks i should make. she wants it to be all melodramatic and depressing, whats wrong with quirky humour!?! she doesn't understand anything i write.. (and its not just that i dont make sense.. everyone else thinks its funny)

anyways.. i might go whinge at some one else now.. *looks around menacingly* heehee..

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
Is anyone gonna do some all nighters, like me?
I'll be up all night too.
(What a coincidence, we're both keeping each other up)

I'm not talking about EE2 either :D

@lemonade, I'm in the same position. My teacher wants me to change the style, explore other ideas, etc. And I just want to focus on "what I want to do". He makes it seem as though he's just guiding me, but it seems a little forceful in terms of the way he's asking me to do things.

"I think you should..." = "You should ...."

Huy

HSC
N/A
Some all-nighters?
Holy mumma...we can do some all nighters for the next few nights.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
ive like over 2000 words and ive got a mental block again
i cant articulate with flair
aargh

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm trying to edit it, but it just isn't working!!!! My brain is all mush thanks to the trials!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Is anyone gonna do some all nighters, like me?
yup.. its pretty much the only way i can get assessments done these days...

huy - my teacher has (lately) been trying to connect my stories together by a motif, because she says they have nothing to do with each other.. i reply meekly, 'well... they're all migrants.. thats kinda the theme...'
arrrrgghhh!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe 4 days aye...

/me goes to find rope so he can hang self

hmm this will never be done in time :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lemonade
huy - my teacher has (lately) been trying to connect my stories together by a motif, because she says they have nothing to do with each other.. i reply meekly, 'well... they're all migrants.. thats kinda the theme...'
My poems are based around the idea of the concept of "life" itself (doesn't this sound like the CSSA 2003 Extension 1 trial, creative writing? :D).

Well, everything that I'm writing is from my own personal experience and from my perspective, so that's how they link into each other, with my own ideas and development being incorporated into the poems.

I initially wanted to have a "timeline" sort of structure where you can trace the development of an individual (such as myself as composer) and venture onto a journey through the suite of poems as you read from the beginning to the end, but that wasn't what my teacher recommended, so he wanted me to target teenage years, as well as anything that is related to English and that kind of thing, pretty boring! :chainsaw:

Monday - Reports due (report is basically our reflection statements)
Wednesday - Major works due, journals to be handed in, reflection statements too.

I'm going to double up on the reflection statement, getting it marked on monday (20/50 marks) internally, and then using the same one in my submission on Wednesday (with ammendments etc).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im unusually calm. Should finish tomorrow, and then Monday night will be spent doing final edits. However at this stage ive finished 3 of my 6 stories plus prologue&epilogue, and Im at 7000 words........somehow I don't think I'll have enough words to do three more stories grrrrrr

And Lemonade, you teacher is the same as mine, insisted on a motive, so Ive stuck a stupid tree into it.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i think it's called "the calm before the storm" year12 :)
im feeling it too

Huy

HSC
N/A
i think it's called "the calm before the storm" year12 :)
im feeling it too
That's very poetic babydoll :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12
And Lemonade, you teacher is the same as mine, insisted on a motive, so Ive stuck a stupid tree into it.

Ahh damn stupid motive!! why cant i just write a story with nothing happening lol

yeah had to make mine a little less pessimisstic as well...eep :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
Wednesday - Major works due, journals to be handed in, reflection statements too.
wednesday?? shouldnt it be tuesday??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)