• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4U English query about SAM (2 Viewers)

Dinger1987

HSC
When I enter my marks for 4U English into SAM I only enter marks for 3U and 4U English because I was under the impression they only count your 3 and 4 unit marks yet Every time I do this SAM warns me I have less than 10 units. Can somebody please help?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Your 2 u marks will count!!! Woah, I hope you were still trying in 2u and didn't throw that subject away or anything!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Your 2 u marks will count!!! Woah, I hope you were still trying in 2u and didn't throw that subject away or anything!
I really hate the fact that they do though!!! I mean, 4u just get their 3u and 4u marks doubled and they are scaled as 2units of 4u and 2 of 3u!!! Not fair!!

asha_ramirez

HSC
I'm doing 3U and 4U as well... The Advanced course seems infantile incomparision to the extension courses... But I suppose it's what you get out of it personally, and what sort of teacher and class group you have that vastly affects your interest in it.

I think that the text's could have been better chosen.

But then we're just the students! We don't get a say in what we are taught... or required to learn.

I've finally found respect for King Lear. (Maybe because respecting it is a better way to pass English Ad, than loathing it!)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, but for the example stated they needed the Adv course to make up the required units, and so Adv does count. But yes, it is your 2 best of English and 8 of everything else.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by asha_ramirez

I've finally found respect for King Lear. (Maybe because respecting it is a better way to pass English Ad, than loathing it!)
Yeah, same here. If respect for Lear helps me pass, he's got it!

aud

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
what does mutually exclusive mean?
It means they're independent factors... but... what? I'm so confused... all units are mutually exclusive, including the two units of Adv... like, the way I'm going I've got 1 unit of Eng Adv and 1 unit of EE1 counting and that's it for Eng... what are you saying? (directed at soiled_poncho, not amoz_lilo)

Giant Lobster

HSC
:rolleyes: mutually independent you mean

mutually exclusive means either A or B can happen, not both ^^

asha_ramirez

HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
He as in Lear! :p lol... Maybe I should have made that clear.
Hehe yeah, I understand now yay. I like king lear now, my school is sort of dragging out the king lear topic, I would like to move on to FrontLine. ehh

J

jhakka

So does Advanced count no matter how well you do in Ext 1 and 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)