• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

50 Cent concert (3 Viewers)

robbie1

HSC
anybody going?

i got tickets for the general admission standing area - candy shop tickets were sold out....still reasonably close to the stage

g unit crew is joining him...gonna be crazy

CONTROVERSIAL RAPPER AND CHART TOPPER
50 CENT RETURNS TO AUSTRALIA

Get Rich or Die Tryin' Tour

50 Cent last blitzed through Australia in 2003 with a sell out run of concerts. In 2006 he's returning to our shores on the back of his debut movie and soundtrack album for his Get Rich or Die Tryin' Tour.

Joining 50 Cent in Australia are his infamous clique and multi-platinum album selling G Unit.

For the Australian shows "King Of Krunk" Lil Jon & The BME Click will join the tour while Sydney trio Bliss n Eso and Melbourne lads Weapon X & Ken Hell round out the night.

All in all these concerts are going to be MASSIVE, and with only one 50 Cent show in each city, tickets won't last for long. For fans in Adelaide and Perth this will be your first taste of 50 Cent live!

TOUR DATES:
Wednesday 15 February - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Friday 17 February - Sydney SuperDome
Sunday 19 February - Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park
Monday 20 February - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Wednesday 22 February - Perth Burswood Dome

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
OmG HeRe CoMeS ThE BaNDwAGoN

if mobb deep do a side show im there, but their not going too so fuck them fuck hollywood p and whatever the fuck havoc calls himself now.

go listen to the radio

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
OmG HeRe CoMeS ThE BaNDwAGoN

if mobb deep do a side show im there, but their not going too so fuck them fuck hollywood p and whatever the fuck havoc calls himself now.

go listen to the radio
whatabout MOP lol mobb deep ruined themselves by signing to Q-unit

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i like 50cent... so what? fight me!

hiphop have they put out a new date for new ed. concert yet?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
what makes someone like 50 cent?

its something that i would like someone to tell me

is it the music? the repeated loops or "hooks"? why is it that classical music is boring because it is ever changing, but this repeated shit is valued? i'm not some mad classical lover, but love for 50 cent for his musical ability is laughable,

or his lyrics, because he's authentic when he talks about beating up women in the street, as he says in P.I.M.P., i suppose those incredibly offensive and daring lyrics are proof that he's probably not lying.

i can't help wonder, also, about the timing of his releases, while the world wages war he can release music about how much fucking bling he has raised. post september 11th and others.. although perhaps this is not a notable point, considering a lot of artists did the same, and their release dates are probably sometimes out of their control. content though, he's probably not lying that he's filthy rich

or maybe people like him because he got shot nine times, and he is the new definition of masculinity. little prepubescent teenagers feeling man-ly. nine times huh? i guess its proof i'm not the only one who can think of why he got shot nine times in the first place.

or maybe people find his music ridiculously catchy, which i can believe. and it simply grows on them. and i suppose, that if i could fully rap to a whole rap album, i'd be pretty proud. oh and with the way 50 cent has decided to demean the english language, encourage fellow people of the world a fucked way of linking violence with african americans and make boys believe this is the way the talk, think, act.. and by all means, media may not influence a boy entirely, it certainly does a good job.

or maybe people like 50 cent because he's good looking. i don't know how. you'd think the nine shots were fired at his face.

maybe its the way he approaches his themes. kinda like how.... sin city the movie has really fucked up themes, but they;re done incredibly well. but i've already covered the fact that his grammar is shit. that his rhyming is pretty trivial. his innuendos are sickening. magic stick. what the fuck. the boys who did "the bad touch" by the bloodhound gang... probably had the same themes, but they were clever.

music?
lyrics?
his image/role model material?
his masculinity and style?
his looks?
his approach to themes?

i never really hate an artist so much if they have at least one or more of these qualities down pat

but i cant find one aspect of 50 cent that is worth spending money on, nor valuable enough to call him an actual "artist".

please enlighten me.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
what makes someone like 50 cent?

its something that i would like someone to tell me

is it the music? the repeated loops or "hooks"? why is it that classical music is boring because it is ever changing, but this repeated shit is valued? i'm not some mad classical lover, but love for 50 cent for his musical ability is laughable,

or his lyrics, because he's authentic when he talks about beating up women in the street, as he says in P.I.M.P., i suppose those incredibly offensive and daring lyrics are proof that he's probably not lying.

i can't help wonder, also, about the timing of his releases, while the world wages war he can release music about how much fucking bling he has raised. post september 11th and others.. although perhaps this is not a notable point, considering a lot of artists did the same, and their release dates are probably sometimes out of their control. content though, he's probably not lying that he's filthy rich

or maybe people like him because he got shot nine times, and he is the new definition of masculinity. little prepubescent teenagers feeling man-ly. nine times huh? i guess its proof i'm not the only one who can think of why he got shot nine times in the first place.

or maybe people find his music ridiculously catchy, which i can believe. and it simply grows on them. and i suppose, that if i could fully rap to a whole rap album, i'd be pretty proud. oh and with the way 50 cent has decided to demean the english language, encourage fellow people of the world a fucked way of linking violence with african americans and make boys believe this is the way the talk, think, act.. and by all means, media may not influence a boy entirely, it certainly does a good job.

or maybe people like 50 cent because he's good looking. i don't know how. you'd think the nine shots were fired at his face.

maybe its the way he approaches his themes. kinda like how.... sin city the movie has really fucked up themes, but they;re done incredibly well. but i've already covered the fact that his grammar is shit. that his rhyming is pretty trivial. his innuendos are sickening. magic stick. what the fuck. the boys who did "the bad touch" by the bloodhound gang... probably had the same themes, but they were clever.

music?
lyrics?
his image/role model material?
his masculinity and style?
his looks?
his approach to themes?

i never really hate an artist so much if they have at least one or more of these qualities down pat

but i cant find one aspect of 50 cent that is worth spending money on, nor valuable enough to call him an actual "artist".

please enlighten me.
depends on your taste.

i actually wanted to go. but the tix were sold out mad fast (well the good ones anyway)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
his songs are catchy. that's all that matters. i like how the songs sound. it keeps me entertained and distracted. if only temporarily.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i wanted to go initially because of mobb deep but then i came to the obvious conclusion that it is HIGHLY unlikely that they would perform:

where ya heart at
drop a gem on em
hit it from the back
survival of the fittest
etc

they will perform 'shook ones II' and its a damn shame that i will miss that but they are just going to perform their new sellout crap.

robbie1

HSC
50 was shot 3 times....not 9

9 shots were fired, so its a common mistake people make

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
dude yeah he was hit 3 times but who cares, 'its a common mistake' your making it sound like you laugh at people who say 'he got shot 9 times' who cares. I wish he got shot 9 times then he wouldn't continually bring in idiotic teenyboppers who trade in their skateboards for blue bandanas and G-Unit shoes and think that 50 cent is the greatest rapper EvAh and the secong coming of the highly overrated 2pac.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
dude yeah he was hit 3 times but who cares, 'its a common mistake' your making it sound like you laugh at people who say 'he got shot 9 times' who cares. I wish he got shot 9 times then he wouldn't continually bring in idiotic teenyboppers who trade in their skateboards for blue bandanas and G-Unit shoes and think that 50 cent is the greatest rapper EvAh and the secong coming of the highly overrated 2pac.
i never said 50 is the greatest rapper

cant go past jay z for that title

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
good boy.....

j-hova > jehovah

and i never said YOU thought 50 was the greatest rapper i said he brings in fickle teenyboppers who think he is the greatest rapper ever

M.I.A-187

HSC
Well yeah 2pac is deffinately overrated but he's overrated for a reason cause well he might not be Skilled (he admit it himself) but some of the thing he said in his songs touch pplz and they can relate to it...thats all i know. Well i myself like 2pac but he is quite overrated as a god like figure (which is not imo) and mostly by pplz who haven't listen to him sing.

As for why pplz like 50 cents, it just his image as mr tough guy who use those so called cool slangs like "homies" blah blah blah whatever and basically his image and how he dress. Also advertisment plays an important factor...since yeah its on the radio nearly all the time that pplz just like it since the motto goes "if you fed pplz only shit, then shit is their food." Well 50 cent's underground LP (from what i heard) is actually quite good but now he sold out and i never like his stuff anyway.

7th Sign

HSC
hmm 50 concert is a bit of a rip lol

few hotties I know are going oh well

if mobb deep goes might get tixs of ebay or sumfin...

I do liek the get rich or die trying movie but very well done by 50 ....

even though 50 is scum and treated bang em smurf his ofigianal homie liek shit and hit new rap is utter shit the movie is ok...check it out if u like rap or if you a massive 50 groupie YO......

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
didnt even both seeing the movie got HORRIBLE reviews and i dont wanna see some generic bullshit fake piece of crap that only mindless teenagers will believe.

if mobb deep perform 7th they wont perform their classics (maybe shook ones II only) so im not gonna bother even trying to go even though id love to see em perform that but to put up with the other crap is unthinkable, only for pop fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)