• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

! (1 Viewer)

boo__forschool

I now know that it is almost impossible for me to reach the UAI I once longed for. Does anyone here know of any possibilities for me within TAFE or perhaps even University (If I happened to have a considerably low UAI, like 70s or 80s) -- I've always desired something involving writing / journalism (I was thinking Media, maybe?) or even Entertainment? I would appreciate it if you guys just threw ideas at me, i'm very stuck. School is costing a fortune so I figure, why waste so much if the result is inadequate for a proper entry. The future sucks very much.

Oh, & hello, i'm Maya, and I thank anyone who helps me very much in advance. :D

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
boo__forschool said:
I now know that it is almost impossible for me to reach the UAI I once longed for. Does anyone here know of any possibilities for me within TAFE or perhaps even University (If I happened to have a considerably low UAI, like 70s or 80s) -- I've always desired something involving writing / journalism (I was thinking Media, maybe?) or even Entertainment? I would appreciate it if you guys just threw ideas at me, i'm very stuck. School is costing a fortune so I figure, why waste so much if the result is inadequate for a proper entry. The future sucks very much.

Oh, & hello, i'm Maya, and I thank anyone who helps me very much in advance. :D
If u get a high 70s or 80s UAI u can still study journo/media in uni, but u won't be able 2 make it in the top Unis such as Usyd or UTS 4 journo cuz their UAI requirement is close 2 100. But u still can make it in other Unis like canberra-UAI is mid 70s, Mac-High 80s, CSU-mid 70s, UWS-high 70s-low 80s.

If u get a really shit UAI and don't make it into any of the Unis then head off 2 Tafe. :cool:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah you can still study journo with a low UAI.... bathurst has an excellent journalism course and entry is not entirely based on UAI, University of Canberra apparently has a good course with entry in the 70's.... you could always just study a B Communications without the journo major, or even just a straight arts degree and still get a journo job or study journo postgrad. Maclay College is a private provider that has a good journo certificate, also I think you can study media studies at TAFE. Another thing you can possibly do is study a diploma in communications at INSEARCH (private provider linked to UTS) and then transfer in to a journalism degree from that. You have heaps of options, and university is still an option with a UAI in the 70s/80s, but you may have to venture outside of Sydney (moving away for uni is tops anyway, trust me on that one!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)