90+ Atar and low scaling subjects (1 Viewer)

idkwhatto

HSC
Im just gonna go straight to the point! Almost all of the subjects that im doing are considered “low-scaling”. Im just afraid that this might affect my ATAR significantly?! Is it still possible for me to get an ATAR of 90 or more? Thanks!

Accurate

clix
HSC
Im just gonna go straight to the point! Almost all of the subjects that im doing are considered “low-scaling”. Im just afraid that this might affect my ATAR significantly?! Is it still possible for me to get an ATAR of 90 or more? Thanks!
Depends what 'subject's you're talking about, please list them. Usually in these situations you can easily get 90+ ATAR, just make sure to ace every exam, this ain't something like Physics where a 70% Raw is considered very good, you must be getting really good raw marks, because they are already 'low scaling'.

An ATAR of something like 95+ is a different story, that too is possible, but then again please list your subjects and for that you literally must ACE your exams, you can't be bad at any of your subjects for this.

idkwhatto

HSC
Depends what 'subject's you're talking about, please list them. Usually in these situations you can easily get 90+ ATAR, just make sure to ace every exam, this ain't something like Physics where a 70% Raw is considered very good, you must be getting really good raw marks, because they are already 'low scaling'.

An ATAR of something like 95+ is a different story, that too is possible, but then again please list your subjects and for that you literally must ACE your exams, you can't be bad at any of your subjects for this.
Hello! I do Maths Standard 2, EAL/D (previously known as ESL), Japanese Beginners, Music 1, CAFS and Biology.

Accurate

clix
HSC
Okay, so for those subjects you must literally ace them, an ATAR of 90+ is possible, but you do need to get a few Band 6's for that 90 ATAR, like you must get it, otherwise the 90 won't happen. For the rest of the subjects you can get like High Band 5's, but never ever get a low B5, it will screw your chances. Don't lose hope; a 90 is definitely possible.

idkwhatto

HSC
Okay, so for those subjects you must literally ace them, an ATAR of 90+ is possible, but you do need to get a few Band 6's for that 90 ATAR, like you must get it, otherwise the 90 won't happen. For the rest of the subjects you can get like High Band 5's, but never ever get a low B5, it will screw your chances. Don't lose hope; a 90 is definitely possible.
Thank u so much! I did pretty good in year 11 ranking wise with two firsts and two seconds but I’m just worried that things might change this year! I did my maths exam few days ago, missed two questions and had a huge breakdown. Lol. I guess that pulled my confidence down and im really worried that me, getting a band 6 in that subject alone is impossible ☹ Thank u so much tho! Ure very helpful I’ll take all ur advices and try my best to get Band6s in most of my subjects! Thanks again!

Accurate

clix
HSC
Thank u so much! I did pretty good in year 11 ranking wise with two firsts and two seconds but I’m just worried that things might change this year! I did my maths exam few days ago, missed two questions and had a huge breakdown. Lol. I guess that pulled my confidence down and im really worried that me, getting a band 6 in that subject alone is impossible ☹ Thank u so much tho! Ure very helpful I’ll take all ur advices and try my best to get Band6s in most of my subjects! Thanks again!

Thanks, I'm happy I helped. Don't worry about that Maths exam though, it's only been like a bit of the year, you should be focused on RANKS, in the end your assessment mark is basically what rank you are in your cohort, they use that rank to determine your assessment mark, make sure to get good ranks for EVERY subject and know the content for each subject in and out so you can smash the Externals. I wish you good luck for the HSC year:)).

GucciChips

HSC
Hey! I'm kinda worried about this too since I pretty much dropped my high scaling subjects fro low scaling ones. Right now I do Adv English, Adv Math, VA, Business, SAC and SDD. I had the chance to do Ext English but dropped, just dropped Ext math last week and dropped economics for VA. Not sure how wise my choices are!

Accurate

clix
HSC
Hey! I'm kinda worried about this too since I pretty much dropped my high scaling subjects fro low scaling ones. Right now I do Adv English, Adv Math, VA, Business, SAC and SDD. I had the chance to do Ext English but dropped, just dropped Ext math last week and dropped economics for VA. Not sure how wise my choices are!
Hey, don't worry about that, you chose quite a mix of subjects to be honest. Advanced Maths and English, Business are decently well scaling, it's not like everything you chose is low scaling; so a 90 ATAR is definitely possible, but just make sure to get really good in those subjects like VA & SAC, like aim for a Band 6 for those subjects and you shall have nothing to worry about.

Solanaceae

HSC
Hey, don't worry about that, you chose quite a mix of subjects to be honest. Advanced Maths and English, Business are decently well scaling, it's not like everything you chose is low scaling; so a 90 ATAR is definitely possible, but just make sure to get really good in those subjects like VA & SAC, like aim for a Band 6 for those subjects and you shall have nothing to worry about.
I'm worried for my ATAR it's not even funny. I need a 90+ and I'm literally freaking out. I'm in the top three for all my classes. Do you think I'll get it?

I'm doing these subjects:
English Extension: 35(ish)/50
Math Extension: 35/50
Modern History: 76/100
English Advanced: 80/100
Maths Advanced: 90/100
Economics: 80/100

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm worried for my ATAR it's not even funny. I need a 90+ and I'm literally freaking out. I'm in the top three for all my classes. Do you think I'll get it?

I'm doing these subjects:
English Extension: 35(ish)/50
Math Extension: 35/50
Modern History: 76/100
English Advanced: 80/100
Maths Advanced: 90/100
Economics: 80/100
What's your school rank? because this will allow us to give you a better estimate

Solanaceae

HSC
What's your school rank? because this will allow us to give you a better estimate
I don't know. We're an international school outside of Australia. The Australian International School Singapore?

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know. We're an international school outside of Australia. The Australian INternation School Singapore?
Ohh, based on your top 3 for all classes so you should have a decent chance of getting 90

Solanaceae

HSC
Really? Thank you so much! That's really reassuring. I've been worried about this for a while.
Thanks again!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
But don't become complacent - you need to maintain good ranks/marks otherwise the low scaling subjects will work against you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)