A Bridge to Wiseman's Cove (Belonging Supplementary Text) (1 Viewer)

Jamez146

HSC
Hi everyone, I want to use the novel A Bridge to Wiseman's Cove as a related text for belonging and I was wondering if anyone else has done it and may be able to help with techniques because I'm having trouble finding them that relate to belonging apart from some metaphors/similes. If anyone also happens to have any notes by any chance could you upload them please? Thanks.

Nw9499

HSC
Yeah I'm having the same problem mate I've got to use it as my primary text and with my English Half yearlys tomorrow I'm really unprepared.

Last edited:

Natnael

HSC
oy burh ; can i do this for my exam
Creative writing

Why can our perception of who we are be shaped by how we look? When those around us judge us on aspects of ourselves other than our appearance, it can reduce the importance we place on how we look. This can occur when we are surrounded by people who look similar to us, like ethnic groups or family, or when those we surround ourselves with how us well enough to be able to perceive characteristics that are more than skin deep.
Also, some of us are less susceptible to anxiety over how others see us. These people often have a strong sense of self that is less be Holden to the views of those around them and thus appearance may be for them a less important aspect of their identity.
Appearance is an inescapable aspect on identity, we judge and are judged by others in our search to find a group with whom we feel we belong and appearance is a convenient, if sometimes inexact way of determing commonalities and deviations. The rejection or acceptance we feel in this process has a profound impact on how we view ourselves. Often its only when we move beyond superficial indicators of similarity or difference that we are able to judge others, and be judge in turn, more profoundly and accurately, as individuals. Even those whose sense of self is less vulnerable to the criticisms of others define themselves through appearance by their very lack of interest in it ultimately, our perception of ourselves are inextricably tied to others perceptions of us, and thus unavoidably to the face we present to the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)