A cry of HHEELLpppppp from the deeeppp pit of falling behind in class cos of a VIRUS! (1 Viewer)

trishmmr

HSC
describe the relationship between commercial prices of common elements, actual abundances and relative costs of production
...help anyone? its preliminary chem XD, p.s. not to do with yield, thats a seperate dot pt...>_< cheers ppl

So-smart

HSC
Re: A cry of HHEELLpppppp from the deeeppp pit of falling behind in class cos of a VI

Well if the element is less abundant (i.e. Harder to find) then its commercial price would be quite high, if the element is very abundant then its commercial cost would be low because its easier to obtain.

Hope i helped!

shady145

Banned
HSC
Re: A cry of HHEELLpppppp from the deeeppp pit of falling behind in class cos of a VI

Well if the element is less abundant (i.e. Harder to find) then its commercial price would be quite high, if the element is very abundant then its commercial cost would be low because its easier to obtain.

Hope i helped!
not really
if an element is found in an ore and needs extracting, depending on the extraction costs, then different elements will cost less or larger amounts.
also depending on demand will determine its cost
aluminium is kinda abundant, like 7% of the earths crust, it requires a large amount of energy for it to be extracted out of its ore and it is also in high demand, therefore increasing price.
an element that may be as rare as 1% in the earths crust, but may be cheaper than the aluminium because it could be cheaper to extract and it may also not be in demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)