Absorption Spectra (1 Viewer)

helper

HSC
N/A
It can be but the amount of radiation emitted in that direction is less than the amount of radiation absorbed. This results in a absorption spectra in the direction of the light beam.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
~JiNnIE~ said:
okay, then what about the Computer simulation investigation crap? would they ever ask a qn on that?
HUH? wtf is that? section what and ... wait, just what is the syll dot point? sumimasen, i cant remember dot points (n im lazier than u)
jinnie u are at macartha girls? or wat is MGHS?

helper

HSC
N/A
perform an investigation to model the light curves of eclipsing binaries using computer simulation

There is also a point in space about projectile motion.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
man u got like the syllabus in the back of ur head!
ok... just gotta say, u help really well.. like u deserve a prize dude.

so helper... let me ask u a question
(this is cheesy)
'during your course you performed an investigation to model the light curves of eclipsing binaries using computer simulation, describe the procedure you undertook and anything you could deduce from the investigation'
CHEEEEESY .. but yeh, please answer it :/

helper

HSC
N/A
Don't worry Jang, you won't be competing against me. While I can remember a lot, it is more knowing where the correct resources are to answer.

In the answer below there is more steps than needed for a HSC answer just in case you want to try it.

1. Access the java applet Eclipsing Binaries from Cornell University
http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/courses/astro101/java/eclipse/eclipse.htm

2. Adjust the two stars so they are both B class, and an angle of inclination is zero . Enter the values and observe and record the light curve over a period.

3. Decrease the mass of Star 2 by changing to a A class star and repeat.

4. Repeat for F and G class.

5. Repeat step 2-5 when the seperation is doubled.

6. Repeat steps 2 with an angle of 10 and 20 degrees.

Deductions. An eclipsing binary only occurs for small angles of inclination, where the view of the two stars is obstructed.
The larger the pair of stars are the greater the overall luminosity and the greater drop off in intensity when the two stars are eclipsing.
The smaller the seperation of the stars the broader the eclipsing section of the light curve.

BFEPNS

WAHHHHH........ IM SOOOO FUKD FOR THIS SHIT........u know what FUK THIS IM GONNA GO TO PC BAR ON THURSDAY AND KIK ASS IN CS UNDER THE NAME OF BFEPNS soooo comeon and vs me all ya pussies

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Bahhhh i hate Astrophysics :(
Ive only got 40 minutes to cram 9.7.1,9.7.2,9.73, and 9.76

WHat the hell am i wasting my time here for then? :D lol

FD3S-R

i understand most of absorption spectra but why does temperature of star influence the pattern of dark lines

lilkatie

Probably because the temperature determines the elements is has - like a cool star has used most of its H - and therefore it affects spectral lines??
...I tried

helper

HSC
N/A
As Katie said, the composition of a star is dependent on its temperature. As the composition changes, the absorption and emission lines will change.
Each element, ion, compound etc has its own fingerprint spectra, so if the composition changes, then the spectra changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)