AC Generators (1 Viewer)

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys me and my friend was having a discussion on the theory of ac generators. I have finished the all core modules theory but applications still remain and he has done even the option topic. Well which is correct:
1) Slip rings with shaft act as commutators in AC generators. (what he was taught)
2) Slip rings just allow rotor to pass on current from shaft to brushes. (What i learnt)

iBibah

HSC
Hey guys me and my friend was having a discussion on the theory of ac generators. I have finished the all core modules theory but applications still remain and he has done even the option topic. Well which is correct:
1) Slip rings with shaft act as commutators in AC generators. (what he was taught)
2) Slip rings just allow rotor to pass on current from shaft to brushes. (What i learnt)
A commutators purpose is to reverse the direction of current (which would make it DC) so your mate is incorrect.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

You are correct not your friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)