Acceptance into the NSW School of Languages (1 Viewer)

phieno

HSC
Hi!

I've just been wondering when the NSW School of Languages will officially notify me of my acceptance. Will they email me?

Also, is it a good idea to take two languages at the same time? I'm not really certain I want to drop Japanese for German, but I also don't really want to drop drama for German either.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Back when I studied at the NSW School of Languages, I was sent an email when my application was approved in December of year 10. The email contained the following:

Email said:
Dear [Student Name]

Your teacher's name is [Teacher Name] and he/she will be your teacher for [Course Name] [Year].

This email is to say hello and to inform you that your application has been approved at NSL. A confirmed email address is essential for the delivery of online materials and entry into the online course. Please confirm your email address by immediately replying to this email. Would you also provide your mobile phone number if you have not already done so.
The email then provides login details and other relevant information. With that being said, this email was sent to me 6 years ago now, meaning that it is possible that there have been changes since then. Perhaps someone else could provide more recent insight.

In terms of taking two language courses, you may wish to consider a number of factors:
  • The level of the language courses, including whether you have any sort of background in either - This is important because it determines the difficulty of each language course, which can then contribute to a more informed decision. For example, studying both German Beginners and Japanese Beginners may be feasible, whereas Japanese Continuers (or higher) and German Continuers (or higher) may require more careful thought.
  • Your ability to commit to studying two languages - Regardless of the specific level of the language course, studying a language requires you to be committed if you wish to achieve favourable results. While numerous previous students were able to achieve favourable results in two language courses, whether you will be able to reach this standard will depend on your readiness to commit to learning both languages. You should therefore consider whether you strongly believe that you are capable of doing your utmost to learn and address areas of improvement as you study two languages.
  • Your other subjects - You should also consider the workload that comes from the rest of your subjects, and the impact that this may have on your ability to study two languages. If you are confident in your ability to effectively manage your workload to accommodate two language courses, then you should probably take two language courses. If not, then you should probably reconsider this option, and perhaps take only one language course.
I hope this helps! :D

phieno

HSC
Back when I studied at the NSW School of Languages, I was sent an email when my application was approved in December of year 10. The email contained the following:

The email then provides login details and other relevant information. With that being said, this email was sent to me 6 years ago now, meaning that it is possible that there have been changes since then. Perhaps someone else could provide more recent insight.

In terms of taking two language courses, you may wish to consider a number of factors:
  • The level of the language courses, including whether you have any sort of background in either - This is important because it determines the difficulty of each language course, which can then contribute to a more informed decision. For example, studying both German Beginners and Japanese Beginners may be feasible, whereas Japanese Continuers (or higher) and German Continuers (or higher) may require more careful thought.
  • Your ability to commit to studying two languages - Regardless of the specific level of the language course, studying a language requires you to be committed if you wish to achieve favourable results. While numerous previous students were able to achieve favourable results in two language courses, whether you will be able to reach this standard will depend on your readiness to commit to learning both languages. You should therefore consider whether you strongly believe that you are capable of doing your utmost to learn and address areas of improvement as you study two languages.
  • Your other subjects - You should also consider the workload that comes from the rest of your subjects, and the impact that this may have on your ability to study two languages. If you are confident in your ability to effectively manage your workload to accommodate two language courses, then you should probably take two language courses. If not, then you should probably reconsider this option, and perhaps take only one language course.
I hope this helps! :D
Ok, so that's when I should get the email? Thanks for telling me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)