Accounting at MQ (1 Viewer)

miks_w

HSC
Hi! I've received an offer to study a double Bachelor of Business Administration and Professional Accounting at MQ, and wondering if the maths in Accounting will be difficult. If so, which subjects did you find the most difficult, so I can gauge how hard it is going to be and see what type of maths I'm expected to do, considering I only did Standard 2 Mathematics.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The maths is the accounting side should be fine, depending on your Algebra then Finance 1A might be a bit difficult, but there are extra study classes (called "PAL") that if you attend should be fine. For accounting, as long as you are okay with simple algebra equations, standard mathematics will more then cover it.

For Business Admin side, BUSA3015 - Business Forecasting and MGMT2016 - Business Demographics are the ones you should be aware of. Suggest that you do
STAT1250 Business Statistics before undertaking them.

sab13562

HSC
The maths is the accounting side should be fine, depending on your Algebra then Finance 1A might be a bit difficult, but there are extra study classes (called "PAL") that if you attend should be fine. For accounting, as long as you are okay with simple algebra equations, standard mathematics will more then cover it.

For Business Admin side, BUSA3015 - Business Forecasting and MGMT2016 - Business Demographics are the ones you should be aware of. Suggest that you do
STAT1250 Business Statistics before undertaking them.
What type of algebra is required??

miks_w

HSC
Equations like x+y = 28/A, shouldn't be too complicated for a competent standard student.
I've taken a look at some of the Finance 1A notes put online, seems alright, as long as it doesn't have calculus, I'll probably be okay. If there is, I hope it's one of the simpler ones.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I've taken a look at some of the Finance 1A notes put online, seems alright, as long as it doesn't have calculus, I'll probably be okay. If there is, I hope it's one of the simpler ones.
Yeah, the "new" version of the course (~5ish years) is doable for Finance 1A, but don't go to far back as that may panic you unnecessarily!

If you have accepted or planning to accept welcome to Macquarie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)