Adelaide University (1 Viewer)

**<<TeKk>>**

HSC
N/A
What do guys thing would be the better option if I failed med because of UMAT:
1. Take one year off, and re-sit UMAT in 2005
2. Do an undergrad course, eg. Medical Science

Btw what are the chances of getting in if you take a bachelor's degree in 2005?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
and 1st yr is a big discriiminator.. i think so far 8 dropped out..
yes it is...some ppl cant handle the pressure, while others find out its not what they expected. 40 people failed first semester but luckily im above average

oh and btw alvin if u buy me a shirt ill buy u one also...ill post a pic later

tekk: are you isaac suh by any chance? anyhows, it depends on which uni u want. im assuming u want to study in sydey only in which case school leavers are accepted. you shouldnt take a year off cos thats a waste and only do it if u need an exceptionally long break or ur applying to another uni which doesnt accept people who have started a degree.

and if u take another undergrad course in 2005 and try to transfer into UNSW, it is VERy VERY difficult...i tihnk only a few people out of hundreds who apply make it...so you should look at other unis also...such as UNCLE

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
u never kno some ppl get in the weirdest way..
haha :D

um..If I was not fortunate enough to land myself a place in one of the med school i applied to, i'm taking a year off to improve whatever med selction criteria i stuffed up plus on top of that i'm going to apply to a few "reputable" med schools oversea's. :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
u get ure ranking after ure in med :)

im still yet to opt to get my ranking

hmm yer but my shirts are a lil boring.. CXR with beer.. superted medcamp one .. i might try and get u the 'health night' cufflings :) playboy bunnie with a steth.. hopefull they release a couple extra and lik this year.. ^^

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
inasero said:
yes it is...some ppl cant handle the pressure, while others find out its not what they expected. 40 people failed first semester but luckily im above average

oh and btw alvin if u buy me a shirt ill buy u one also...ill post a pic later
yer our year they changed the marking.. so the 30% pass rate became 60% full pass rates
pass/borderline/fail..

hehe im above average too ^^ congrates to u tho!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yer these are medsoc ones^^

hehe well ill take my AMSS one till i graduate then ill get adel uni ones!!

**<<TeKk>>**

HSC
N/A
Inasero:

Yeah thats me...

What are the chances of getting into med after taking an undergrad degree for first year or something.. Eg, take medical science then apply med in 2006?

Is that better than just taking a whole year off just to re-sit umat?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
umm unless ure in adel doing it... Adel uni wont offer u an interview
i believe its the same with uni of melb..

only recent school leavers.. ask/PM Lexi bout which unis.. cos NRSL rule are the same.. med sci may not actualli give u much of an advantage..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol tekk i know you i just realised! isaac from saesoon...

it's wilson here :) hows it going>?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
umm unless ure in adel doing it... Adel uni wont offer u an interview
i believe its the same with uni of melb..

only recent school leavers.. ask/PM Lexi bout which unis.. cos NRSL rule are the same.. med sci may not actualli give u much of an advantage..
UWA, UNSW, JCU, UTas, UMelb, UNCLE and UQ are the undergrad schools that offer NRSL places (from memory, I may have forgotten one or two).

Adelaide offers internally only, to non-Dental students and only bonded places.

UQ offers conditional entry (ie it's really Graduate Medicine with guaranteed entry).

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hey alvin i will be in adelaide for a rural selective on the 26th of september...any chance that we could meet up then? i will be in adelaide from midday until early next morning

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
umm yer i should be home :) that night from sydney..
i live in the city centre

where will u be?

btw wats a rural selective? and i resent that its in adelaide lolz

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i will be in the city centre...and the thing is im participating in a slective called "culture, ceremony and bush tucker" which is a one week long trip to the flinders ranges (iga warta). It involves living in a koori community and observing their customs, attitudes to health care and specific health care concerns. but only this selective is rural. the most popular selective is "surgical anatomy" in which students go to hospital to observe a surgical procedure and discuss the A&P relevant to the case. others include AUSLAN, nutrition, and sleep medicine. i think they included these selectives because we have just two subjects this year (MED1011 and MED1022) so we should broaden our experience of healthcare.

we're passing along adelaide and whyalla along the way but we get the chance to stay overnight in adelaide...so i thought would be a good opportunity to meet up./..

what time are you getting back to adelaide cos im there in the afternoon onwards.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yer i should be home.. im doing my flight next week,... ill prolly drag u out for dinner in chinatown or show u my hood.. just call me.. ill definately be home b4 7pm..cos im goin home for my bday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)