• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advantages and Disadvantages of Group Work (1 Viewer)

weewaarjg

HSC
hi

i'm having a bit of trouble with this one, its probably one of the easiest questions.

what are the advantages and disadvantages of workingin a group or team?

Ithink i did this in Bio aswell

i've got:
Advantages:
    • More people to share the workload<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    • Opinions from the other group members that on your own you mightn’t of thought of.<o:p></o:p>
    • Less chances of errors as procedures would be cross-checked several times<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p></o:p>Disadvantages:

• Personality clashes<o:p></o:p>
  • If you work alone, you know exactly where you are up to in research and experimentation; no one has done something without you knowing about it.
Have u got any more suggestions that would be good
Plz!!!
Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Another disadvantage I can think of is that everyone is responsible for the team's overall work. If one doesn't do the work, then it will slow down the whole team.

Also you don't have as much control of how much you want to get done in a certain time period. So more focus on organisation is required for a team.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
yeh, i also want to ask the same as gracie.... i dont recall ever seeing a dotpoint like that, or perhaps this is something ur school does.

the only relating dotpoint i can think of is why is it necessary for collaboration between scientists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)