• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice for a friend... (1 Viewer)

Mr. Bean

HSC
I'm asking a question on behalf of a friend, Ms X.

Ms X met Mr Y at the beginning a year ago, and got to know each other well this year through having a class together. Mr Y recently broke up with his girlfriend of about a year at the beginnig of this year.

Ms X became interested in Mr Y and proceeded to flirt outrageously with him. Mr Y reciprocated and also flirted. All was assumed to go well until Mr Y told a mutual friend that he was not interested in Ms X as anything more than a friend.

However, Mr Y continues to reciprocate to Ms X's flirting and flirts back as well. He also make continuous sexual innuendos towards her. So can anyone help Ms X and tell her what Mr Y is up to, and what she can do?

tennille

HSC
Put him on the spot and ask him where they stand. That way, everything will be out in the open.

mjo

HSC
yeah you guys are friends so just be open and honest with each other it may be nerve racking but it really need ot be done... good luck with that

Mr. Bean

HSC
Ms X is kinda worried that things might get awkward though, cos Ms X and Mr Y spend a lot of time together and share the same circle of friends.

Pace_T

HSC
i reckon theres 2 possible solutions here
1, mr y said hes not interested in ms x in terms of a relationship as a lie just to stop the others thinking of what hes intending to do just incase ms x turns him down so he doesnt get embarassed. i know that didnt make sense but im a no sense type of person :p
2, mr y said that hes not interested in ms x in that way truthfully becoz he just likes to flirt. i reckon this would be the case if he flirts with other girls as well. some ppl just like to flirt for fun or a tease and would never actually date that person. as for the sexual innuendos - get over it omg. get outside and u'll see everybody makes them!!

nwatts

HSC
Mr. Bean said:
Ms X is kinda worried that things might get awkward though, cos Ms X and Mr Y spend a lot of time together and share the same circle of friends.
This is a cliche, but if they're good enough friends, this will make things awkward for about 3 seconds, and they'll move on. Not saying anything and letting situations like this simmer is what breaks good friendships up.

Number7

HSC
Mr. Bean said:
I'm asking a question on behalf of a friend, Ms X.

Ms X met Mr Y at the beginning a year ago, and got to know each other well this year through having a class together. Mr Y recently broke up with his girlfriend of about a year at the beginnig of this year.

Ms X became interested in Mr Y and proceeded to flirt outrageously with him. Mr Y reciprocated and also flirted. All was assumed to go well until Mr Y told a mutual friend that he was not interested in Ms X as anything more than a friend.

However, Mr Y continues to reciprocate to Ms X's flirting and flirts back as well. He also make continuous sexual innuendos towards her. So can anyone help Ms X and tell her what Mr Y is up to, and what she can do?
Guys can be attention whores too. Besides, maybe he's not interested in her, just that box she carries around, as most guys are. Or perhaps, he sees it as "harmless" banter (attention whore alarm). Geddit?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Lainee said:
Or 3rd scenario: Mr Y just doesn't know what's going on in his own head. Is the mixed up sort of guy who can't decide what to do about things. Boys and girls weren't programmed to be consistent.
He wants sex, he knows that. She's probably on the edge of hot/not-hot and he's trying to make the call. I know I've been there.

Mr. Bean

HSC
Mr. Bean wishes to thank you for the advice given for his friend

She has decided to move on as he is too confusing for her to deal with

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get rid of this turkey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)