Advice needed!! B. Business or Industrial design (2 Viewers)

Calla

HSC
i know i already put my preferences in but im in a major dilemma about whether to do B. Business or B design in industrial design - both at UTS. Ultimately i want to do a course that evenly combines my interests, good job prospects and MONNEYYYYY..lolIndustrial design is my dream course coz ive always been good at drawing and ive always been creative and stuff.....however i talked to the chik at the open day and she told me that jobs can be limited or theyre not as good due to crappy demand..so that kinda made me reconsider. Im also looking at B Business and to potentially major in marketing coz its interesting, and i got Band 6 in Business studies HSC which have made me consider it. Also job prospects look way more promising than ind. design, however the major drawback is that i might end up getting bored. (especially during the 1st semester core subjects).(BTW b bUSINES is my first preference currently) any advice on what i should do ??

SonyHK

HSC
I thought you can't change preferences now already unless u pay... o_O

About ur fear of "getting bored"... don't we all get bored when studying\working?? even if its something u like..

I mean say u like a particular subject and u study for it.. ultimately u would still prefer to not study and just go and relax.. right??

So who cares about it getting bored!!
No Pain No Gain!! hehehe

Well that's just my personal opinion ^^

Calla

HSC
thanx for replying first of all.................and i dont care if i have to pay $100 or whatever the fee is to change preferences coz ultimately im deciding what im gunna be doing for the rest of my life (hopefully)...........and yes i guess youre right about being bored regardless of what you do, but im just trying to pick the least boring and therefore most enjoyable course.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I may be a bit biased toward 'built environment' subjects, but seriously if industrial design is your 'dream course' then do it! You'll clearly do better in a degree/subjects that are of interest to you than in one you find boring. Consequently even if job demand is low you'll have as good a chance as anyone else. Plus business degrees are pretty popular, there might just be too great a supply of business graduates in the near future ;)

Calla

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I may be a bit biased toward 'built environment' subjects, but seriously if industrial design is your 'dream course' then do it! You'll clearly do better in a degree/subjects that are of interest to you than in one you find boring. Consequently even if job demand is low you'll have as good a chance as anyone else. Plus business degrees are pretty popular, there might just be too great a supply of business graduates in the near future ;)
hey captian what course are you doin?

Calla

HSC
oh ok.........btw komaticom, i dont understand this UAC preference stuff........all i know is that if i change my preferences now, a fee will be incurred and the UAI of the course i wanna get into will rise. I dont get the preliminary/main/final offer crap lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)