• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice on picking up Ext (1 Viewer)

rachyyyyy07

HSC
Hey !

I am currently in Yr 11 doing 12 units, and i heard that it is possible to pick up Ext English for yr 12.

I would say that in advanced i am doing above average, although not excelling (coming equal 2nd in my class).
Id be interested in picking up Ext, becoz i feel it would help me in advanced too, however i dont really know if im capable..... i mean, is it that hard ?

Would it be wise to start off the year doing it, and then if i find it too much or too hard to just drop back ?

Thanks !

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I don't actually think you can start English Extension in Year 12, you have to have started it in Year 11 to continue it to Year 12. Talk to your teachers though, because they may be able to help you. Unfortunately it may be too late to pick up, but hopefully whichever way it goes you'll be alright.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
You're not supposed to be able to pick up ext1 in year 12 if you haven't done it in year 11, but someone at my school did so I guess you can if you plead with the teacher/principal.
It would be worth it if you can, cause it'll help you with your creative and essay writing skills greatly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)