AFI: Organisation HELL (1 Viewer)

scotty138

HSC
i need to know what other ppl are doing at other schools for the organisation that the syllabus says that we are supposed to study. there was heaps of confusion and our teacher didnt know which way was up; in the food tech excel book, in the practice questions for afi, says name an organisation (for a question); in the answers it says: coles, masterfoods, mcdonalds etc, which i didnt think would actually fit correctly into the criteria of organisations as the other textbook says that organisations represent many companies within a certain area and have members eg. NSW Dairy Corporation - represents many farmers and lobbys governments etc, Australian food and grocery council, Australian Citrus Growers etc. When i bought this to my teachers attention she said the book was wrong. We actually rang the board of studies (i think we may have just spoken to a receptionist) and she said that coles etc was fine because it was part of a sector of the AFI (food retail) - she made even less sence.

When our trials came around, it was even worse, because in section 2 the AFI part. the first part said 'name an organisation you had studied' and then said name a product your organisation manufactures.(which most organisations dont manufacture anything) Our teacher then said that she had changed the question and it used to be about a company instead of organisation, but i cant find anywhere in the syllabus it says we have to do a case study of a company - yet so many people have done case studies for woothworths and bakers delight and stuff. So i just want to know what evryone else is doing and what their teachers have told them to do,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)