After the exam (1 Viewer)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I'd just like to tell you all a little story about what happened to me after the exam, just to make myself look like a dickhead....

I drive to school, and did so today. We have had a shitload of rain for the past few days, making the route to school flooded. The bridge there was covered by about 70 cm of water this morning, so I had to take a 20 minutes detour to get to school. No big deal, I left early anyway.

On the way back after the exam, I had a look to see if it was still flooded, and saw a ford falcon and a toyota camry going through the flood. It had dropped to about 60cm, so I thought rather than taking the 20 minute detour I'd go through the water.... In my ford laser.

Anyways, about half way through my car decided it didn't want to go any further, basically because I thought I'd be better off going as fast as I possibly could through the water to keep my momentum up. Unfortunately that strategy did not work (by the way, although I only made it half way, that's quite the achievement considering the flood lasted for a good 50 metres of road).

The road that was flooded is fairly isolated, in fact there was noone on the road in front or behind me, and no houses around at all. Needless to say an application of Murphy's law applied, where the one day I might have actually needed my mobile phone I left it at home.

I climbed out the window of my car so water couldn't get it, but later found out that water had seeped in through the gap in the bottom of the door, and I now owned a car full of water! :) Eventually a ute came hooning through the water and neally took out my half-submerged laser. Fortunately, the guy driving had rope in his car and gave me a toe out, and kept going until we were near some houses.

The brake pads of my car were wet, so I was being towed about 2 metres behind this ute, and the only brake I had was the handbrake. After several close calls, we managed to get out and somehow or another got my car started again. Apart from being soaking wet, and my car being filled with water, I'm exactly how I started off.

All's well that ends well :)

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Alright so some students are parking in the teachers car park, now the supervisor are saying if we do it again, the car will be towed! I plan on parking there next week.. take the bloody thing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)