• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ah need help with reference xD (1 Viewer)

CloudSkye

HSC
Hey guys =] my names Daniel, currently in year 11 haha yeah and also my first post... and im in the need of help with reference with my major work... I made a work with a kitchen object (a kettle) and the teacher told us in class that we had to change its meaning... so I did just that, I turned it into a kettle which pours out thorns and spikes, and the concept behind that the changes are not of the kettle but the functions of the kettle, pouring out discomfort and unpleasantness.

The current problem is that the teacher also told us to find a particular artist or more than one artist as inspiration for our works as a reference... and yeah... I cant seem to find any artist which makes artworks of discomfort and unpleasantness... so can anyone help me find an artist?? (not an artist who draws kettles or spikes/thorns, im looking for an artist with a similar concept of my mw idea) thank you all =]

goosiegoo

HSC
Hey Daniel, welcome! :D

Ummm.. well it's open to interpretation isn't it? The first thing i thought of was Van Gogh... i mean he was very discomfort...ed, and i sort of get that feel from some of his artworks.

Other than that? Hmmm. I was just browsing through images and i came across some of those ones by Eddie Adams - the photographer who took really famous photos from the vietnam war... It's not really anywhere near your idea - but its really unpleasant.

Heh, well just thought i'd put it out there.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)