am i completely screwed? (1 Viewer)

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
i really need to get above 96.5 for the courses i want to do but i doubt i can make it..

these are my ranks, any input would be greatly appreciated :(

i go to a top 10 school, these are my overall ranks but only my trial marks:

english advanced -- 81/140 | 69%
general maths -- 1/16 | 92%
biology -- 5/28 | 75%
chemistry -- 20/60 | 80%
legal studies -- 9/17 | 62%

**please keep in mind my schools marking is notoriously hard

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

JUAI - 76.85 but since it is a top 10 school, I guess you could add on 5 - 10 more points :p

SAM - 74.95 " "

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
ehhh but my teacher said ive got an alright chance of getting over 95 =S and seemly she's a walking uai calculator with very little error every yr.. just need to know if i can make the extra 1.5 :( :( :( :(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
oranGez said:
ehhh but my teacher said ive got an alright chance of getting over 95 =S and seemly she's a walking uai calculator with very little error every yr.. just need to know if i can make the extra 1.5 :( :( :( :(
Remember that the HSC is the other 50%.

If you ace it, you can get way above 76. :)

香港!

HSC
kadlil said:
JUAI - 76.85 but since it is a top 10 school, I guess you could add on 5 - 10 more points :p

SAM - 74.95 " "
lol did u just put in her raw scores in the calculators?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
What kind of top 10 school lets you do General Mathematics?

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
one that focuses on a rounded education rather than forcing their students to do subjects they're not necessarily interested in or good at..

my school is excellent in that it recognises that mathematics should be respected at all levels, whether it be practical or abstract

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
This thread is full of dickheads. Nothing but useless comments. Oranges, you cant really predict a UAI unless you know what school you go to, becasse then we can find out how many band6's there were and whether you are in contention for one.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Those marks really aren't very good whether your school marks hard or not. I was getting better marks than that last year and I ended up with less than 80. You have no hope of getting 96.5. Be prepared to face a UAI of 75 - 80 or even less.

Even if you do really well in the HSC exams I don't think you can get over 85.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Those marks really aren't very good whether your school marks hard or not. I was getting better marks than that last year and I ended up with less than 80. You have no hope of getting 96.5. Be prepared to face a UAI of 75 - 80 or even less.

Even if you do really well in the HSC exams I don't think you can get over 85.
That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Like Sikevio said, tell us your school-name and then we can base it on something. Just keep studying hard regardless- if you don't get in your top course there's always an alternative.

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
thanks sik, fleep

i'm kinda demoralised now, and have decided it would be better if i dont concentrate on what i COULD get.. but actually focus on doing the work so i CAN get it

i shall just cling to the fact that in previous years only the bottom 20 or so get below 90 and that is good enough for me :cool:

thumbs up to usyd and its relatively low uai requirement for science courses! and what the hell, while i'm at it, thumbs up to general maths as well :D

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
oranGez said:
thanks sik, fleep

i'm kinda demoralised now, and have decided it would be better if i dont concentrate on what i COULD get.. but actually focus on doing the work so i CAN get it

i shall just cling to the fact that in previous years only the bottom 20 or so get below 90 and that is good enough for me :cool:

thumbs up to usyd and its relatively low uai requirement for science courses! and what the hell, while i'm at it, thumbs up to general maths as well :D
that's the spirit! Just give it your all and you'll be proud of whatever mark you get. What school do you go to?

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
okok ill fess up and tell you my school.. obviously this whole trying-to-remain-annonymous thing isnt working for me lol

rank02=5
rank03=9
rank04=13

*drumroll.. StGGHS

i dont know how to say this without sounding like a narcisstic prick but teachers say last yr was an 'outlier' and that we are generally a lot better so can expect top 10 again (although with people like me in there i'm having second thoughts about that statement =|)

man i dont want to end this post coz as soon as i do i know it means i have to get back to study .. :chainsaw:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
'iamsickofyear12' is clearly very wrong- his shit marks must have been from a shit school and he has no idea what he is talking about.

Judging by your schools performance in 2004 and 2003 it seems that you're on your way to a band 6 for general maths and biology and legal studies and chemistry should be mid 80's, although if you try extra-hard you could get band 6's in those as well. English Advanced is obviously your weakness so just put in your best effor with that one.

Assuming your school (and you) are as good as the last 2 years and you study good and hard, you have a good shot at 88-94, possibly higher if you kick ass in exams. Most people on the board obviously know very little so don't take peoples uninformed comments seriously.

Just for the record these are the number of band 6's achieved in each of your subjects in 2003 and 2004- they are the basis of my estimation. Don't be demoralized, you are going well. Just study now.

subject- 2004- 2003
General math- 13- 2
Chemistry- 12 – 22
Biology- 12 - 14
Advanced English- 12- 27
Legal studies- 7- 9

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I am just being realistic. Everyone else is giving this person false hope. If she does better than I have said she will then I am wrong and that is great, but if she does worse than all of you are saying and isn't prepared for it then that is really bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)