am I in serious shit for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

giney

HSC
im doing wuthering heights and for some reason we were not taught different readings :mad1: , i am aware of different readings and the whole concept from my prelim english but we were not taught about the readings for this text?

for trials and in our class assessment we had to do an in depth analysis of a character and of 2 defining moments from the book.

im not sure if they were expecting us to teach ourselves between trials and HSC about the readings for WH but im not sure what im supposed to do.

as moronic as this may sound, will what we did for class assessment and trials not work in the HSC?

dolbinau

HSC
Read the hsc marking guidelines for your unit, but I do Yeats and it specifically says they are NOT looking for readings of text. Rather than a personal response based on how it was received in different contexts, so it could be a critic or something.

They do NOT, at least for Yeats, want you to go "And a feminist would read this as XXX" (Wow, pun unintended). Read the HSC marking guidelines

giney

HSC
thanks for the advice, it was really helpful
although i went to look at the past hsc papers marking guidelines
and 2006 it was about character analysis
but the year before that it was 'understanding of the text’s reception in different contexts'
im really confused. :confused:

dolbinau

HSC
Each year's marking guideline will apply to this year's exam so read them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)