Amount of free periods? (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
Hi all

Yeah, just wondering how many frees you people get a fortnight. I get 6 for my distance ed. course, yr 12s get 17...your thoughts?

Does your school supervise you and force you to do "quiet study" or do they let you do what you want? Are you allowed to have a late start/early leave? How many periods/lessons in a day?

Okay, thanks. Bye

James

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Doing 6 subjects, I get 3 frees a fortnight - have to go to the library for them. 50 minutes each, just like normal lessons. We have to be there, pretty much be quiet, and meant to have 'work' but each one I've had so far I find a website that looks like work and then just come on here.

michael1990

HSC
We are supposed to be studying in the library and sometimes the librarians come up to 'our area' and ask us what we are doing. We get away with whatever.

I get a subject worth. I can't remember the exact amount. But usally 1 period a day.

xJennax

HSC
My timetable is a lot different that most schools. My friends have 3 frees (3 lines). I only have 1. =/

HSC
At my school, if you do 12 units you have no frees unless you do distance education. if you drop a subject, you have three free periods a week. i have four free periods a week, because they took my italian teacher off our class for one period, so we have one offline...

bellacarla

HSC
well i get 6 frees a week, since i do italian at saturday school and i do only 10 units, and because our school has 4 period days they go for 78 minutes each
Its pretty awesome cos we get to do whatever we want during our frees, so some days i finish school at like 11:30 and i have one day with only one class
its lovely :)

Last edited:

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Yeah our school has a pretty different timetable to others too. I have about 1 or 2 a day. we aren't supervised at all for our frees. people who want to do work can go to the library or sit outside but we usually just hang in the year 12 common room. i occasionally do some homework if im really bored.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
i get ten eighty-minute frees a fortnight.

it's very nice :eek:

edit: HAHAHAHAHHA holy fuck you're in year nine

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
that is why having your school situated across the road from westfields is a very convenient thing.

calagain

Banned
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHAH "year 8 awards" that is fucking hilarious.

i get nine 38 minute frees a week

loz8888

HSC
i've got 14 frees a fortnight..we can just go to the common room or year 12 part of the library. there's the normal supervision in the library but none in the common room. we can basically do whatever we want. sometimes we sleep on the couches, go down the street or sit in the grounds..and study

Hysterik

HSC
I have 12 a week, of 40 minutes each, because I've dropped a lot of subjects and picked up a lot of extensions. I have morning classes though. We can do what we want during them, leave the school, whatever. It's awesome!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I get 10 53 minute free periods a fortnight.

But its where i do my distance work.

danz90

HSC
I get 3 (37 minute) periods free each week, even though I do 13 units.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I get 17 per fortnight which are either 60 or 50 mins, depending on the time of day. Some days I have three frees (like tomorrow) and others I have none (like today, grrr). That's only because I do 10 units and have Extension 1 Maths offline during sport time. We usually go to either the library, an empty classroom or the canteen. We're not really supervised and do whatever we want, even though the teachers encourage us to work during these periods. And if we have frees in the morning or afternoon, we are able to arrive late or leave early if we hand in a note to the office with the days we plan to leave early listed.

I wish we had a common room. =( With big comfy lounges for sleeping.

selablad

HSC
5 x 45min (a week), but they're for offline maths study (supposedly)

We don't have any common rooms or anything...and we're not allowed to leave the school. Technically we're supposed to go to the library but teachers don't mind if you wander quietly around the school and stuff

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)