Ancient Sources !! (1 Viewer)

delusional

HSC
Hi,

I was hoping if anyone could help me with finding any ancient sources on Augustus and how he dealt with his oppositon. It can be either written or archaelogical but must be from an ancient source !

Any help is much appreciated

stillwaters

HSC
written sources

tacitus- the annals of erm... ancient rome... i think... the first chapters are devoted to augustus before they move on to the other julio claaudian rulers.

suetonius- the twelve caesars ( i think... im writing these from memory) (actually im not sure whether he has stuff on augustus, i think he does though) (also, this guy is kinda like the gossip magazine version of ancient roman history but its still a good source to use)

augustus wrote his own bio... doubt he talk about how he bumped off opposition or anything... actually maybe he did... shows himself to be more manly and ruler- ful...

no archaeological sources...

delusional

HSC
thanks for the help stillwaters !!

i got tacitus and suetonis from my teacher she printed out the whole chapters that relate to augustus as well as i also have cassius dio but im sure if im allowed to use it for my assignment, i'll have to ask her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)