another dot point Question (1 Viewer)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
on CM&M part 3 the last dot point says: "gather, process and present information to interpret secondary data from AAS measurements and evaluate the effectiveness of this in pollution control"

has anyone got any information or ways that you would suggest to respond to the second part of the dot point. cause i can't seem to find anything about it on any of my text books.

icespeed

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
on CM&M part 3 the last dot point says: "gather, process and present information to interpret secondary data from AAS measurements and evaluate the effectiveness of this in pollution control"

has anyone got any information or ways that you would suggest to respond to the second part of the dot point. cause i can't seem to find anything about it on any of my text books.
if you mean the 'evaluate the effectiveness part', isn't that just referring to how it's really accurate and sensitive to the nth degree, so you can vaporise a sample of anything you like ( the first example that jumps to mind is shark flesh) to find out if its contaminated with any metals (eg mercury) That way you can find out if the environment of the thing is polluted and how much.
Therefore, its reeeeeeally effective.
but if you're referring to the 'present information to interpret secondary data' bit, then i can't help. sorry.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I think what this dot point is asking is to find some data on AAS & pollution, and then talk about how accurate & sensitive AAS is in detecting pollutants. Then talk about how AAS can be used to measure even slight changes in the levels of pollutants, and so pollution can be controlled to a much greater degree due to the accuracy & sensitivity of AAS.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
I think what this dot point is asking is to find some data on AAS & pollution, and then talk about how accurate & sensitive AAS is in detecting pollutants. Then talk about how AAS can be used to measure even slight changes in the levels of pollutants, and so pollution can be controlled to a much greater degree due to the accuracy & sensitivity of AAS.
IAW man^5dy :). IIRC AAS is primarily used to identify trace quantities of pollutants (heavy metals) that nevertheless may be enough to have an environmental impact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)