another one of those uai threads. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
just interested to hear what some other people's opinions are on uai aim. thanks =]].

i went horrible in my half yearlies, didn't study properly, too stressed, etc, so have massive potential to pick up the rankings

english adv
=57/154
[massive improvement on 100th last year, so that's about my limit in improving my english ranking]

maths ext one
=35/75
horrible, but can kick it up a notch [7th last year - came back from half yearlies with similar results].

maths ext two
=9/28
can kick that up a bit aswell.

chemistry
=23/48
[came 5th last year] so with proper study, can up that a lot. [my mark was 81, and 5th-ish was 89, so it's possible if i study.]

french
4/7
should be coming first, and can most probably overtake the others in front of me.

school ranked 20th.

thanks =]].

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
I don't get what you're asking?

Do you want to know what kind of UAI you're in for with those results??

Hmm...

Who knows?

Sounds like you're doing fine but if you up the ante you can do even better i.e. the difference between a 90 UAI and a 95 sometimes boils down purely to effort and improving exam technique.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Well, don't discount the power of trials to raise ALL your ranks significantly. If you can make any improvement on your english, that would pretty much cement a good UAI, but if you get ~ top 10 for all your subjects, you should be in the 98-100 range....

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I don't get what you're asking?

Do you want to know what kind of UAI you're in for with those results??

Hmm...

Who knows?

Sounds like you're doing fine but if you up the ante you can do even better i.e. the difference between a 90 UAI and a 95 sometimes boils down purely to effort and improving exam technique.
yeah sorry forgot to put that one in.

got told by the principal in our little interview that 97 is definitely within reach. doesn't look like it on the surface i don't think but i think he took previous rankings and how i'd changed them around into account.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Well, don't discount the power of trials to raise ALL your ranks significantly. If you can make any improvement on your english, that would pretty much cement a good UAI, but if you get ~ top 10 for all your subjects, you should be in the 98-100 range....
i was top seven in everything last year except english, that was 100th haha. and these rankings look shockingly depressing =[[.

thanks =]].

gurmies

Drover
HSC
i was top seven in everything last year except english, that was 100th haha. and these rankings look shockingly depressing =[[.

thanks =]].
There are a lot of things to take into account. E.g., those coming first MAY burn out or may think "since i'm first, I can focus on other subjects" etc. etc.. Whilst you can't count on this solely, keep it in the back of your mind. Be sure to carve the trials and you'll get 97 for sure.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
got told by the principal in our little interview that 97 is definitely within reach. doesn't look like it on the surface i don't think but i think he took previous rankings and how i'd changed them around into account.
Oh man, why does everyone always doubt themselves at our school? You'd rip everyone at maths with only a little effort, and you sound confident enough at french and chem to be up towards the top in each. Although english is - well...we've been through that - you're other subjects scale well, as I'm sure you'd know, especially maths. You seem to have the capacity to improve, and considering we're only about half way thru the internal assessments, there's definitely time to improve - 97 is acheivable, yes.

Don't doubt yourself dani, be happy :)

Arsey-Darcy

HSC
school ranked 20th.
Wait...Caringbah High School is ranked 20th. That's my school. And you're in my year.

Is that right?

HOLY CRAP IT'S DANIELLE.

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Oh man, why does everyone always doubt themselves at our school? You'd rip everyone at maths with only a little effort, and you sound confident enough at french and chem to be up towards the top in each. Although english is - well...we've been through that - you're other subjects scale well, as I'm sure you'd know, especially maths. You seem to have the capacity to improve, and considering we're only about half way thru the internal assessments, there's definitely time to improve - 97 is acheivable, yes.

Don't doubt yourself dani, be happy :)
naww thanks bellman =]]. i just hope i can. i have no concentration whatsoever =||.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)