Anti-love (1 Viewer)

Dark Funeral

HSC
Hate, it's stronger than love. Don't believe me? Here's one good example out of the nigh endless examples. Ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend that you used to think you loved but you now hate? Also, it takes a while for someone to fall in love, or someone to fall in love with you but it can take a instant for someone to hate you. If you ever gun someone's family down, or steal someone's life savings you'll know what I'm talking about.

Here is an essay on anti-love. I think it sums it up pretty well.

Anti-love is the ideology characterised by a strong feeling of hatred towards love. Especially towards a relationship between a partner or spouse. Usually invoked by a bad experience in a previous relationship.

Anti-love is primarily directed towards relationships between partners. People who express this ideology refuse to fall in love. However, it must be understood that anti-love is not the hatred of all forms of love, there are a few exceptions, these are

Loving your parents. Due to the fact that most people love one, if not both of their parents.
Love of a thing e.g. a sport or hobby.
Thus, anti-love is generally hatred and opposition with falling in love with another person and/or getting involved with a relationship.

People who believe in this ideology are usually sardonic to those who express love as being “the greatest emotion ever” or otherwise overrate it. In spite of this, it must not be confused that people who are anti-love are pro-hate, which encourages and promotes hate.

A reason for the ideology is the fact that love can cause great amounts, if not the most amount of pain than any other emotion. Others express anti-love because it is “mushy” and stupid. Usually this feeling is only expressed after a bad experience has occurred, such as the break down of a relationship.

There is no real symbol of anti-love but occasionally and inverted cross is used. This is due to the strictly Christian definition of God. That is God is love. The inverted cross is a symbol which can mean anti-God. Based on this definition, one can see how the inverted cross can apply to the ideology of anti-love.

Contrast of pro-hate with anti-love

A similarity between pro-hate and anti-love is that both ideologies are characterised by a strong feeling of hate towards love. The difference is that pro-hate is opposed to all forms of love with no exceptions. Pro-hate is also when a person(s) promotes hate. People who express anti-love may promote hatred over love, stating that it is better because the end product of hate is joy. This is not always the case as hate can have disastrous effects; nevertheless those who believe in the ideology prefer hate over love.

Now I prefer hate to love because at least usually the end product is joy. Yet extreme hate should be avoided because it can fuck you up. Or maybe it's worth it. Use your common sense to think up of some examples. Now, believe it or not, I'm a pretty happy person. But love wont do this for you, infact it can do the contary and cause large amounts of pain. It's true that love causes the most pain out all the emotions. You don't need it, it's not mandatory for happiness.

Last edited:

Dark Funeral

HSC
"Now, believe it or not, I'm a pretty happy person."

Aren't emos always bitching about how sad they are? Nice try though.

T

Testpilot

I'm not emo, my username is just dark funeral... in location "hell"

lengy

HSC
Embrace love as you would embrace hate. There needs to be a balance of both as one would not exist without the other. Embrace passion as you would embrace apathy for where there is emotion there is indifference.

Dark Funeral

HSC
Testpilot said:
I'm not emo, my username is just dark funeral... in location "hell"
Dark Funeral = Black metal band, as for hell, since when did being emo have anything to do with hell?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
everyone stop dropping the "e" word and get some new material
its tiring
*shakes head*

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
giddycat88 said:
Didn't read.

EDIT: *keeps hands down*
I read some of it then stopped... its bullshit.

Im not in love with my bf (yet) and I never have been in love, but that doesnt mean I hate either and I dont hate anyone, even my worst enemies I dont hate. It takes too much energy to be angry at someone or hate someone instead of just forgetting about them and moving on with life. Because if you hate them for a reason... we'll use your example of someone killing your family, then you are burdened with that fro the rest of your life. You are constantly thinking about why you hate them and bringin back the pain.

A VERY good friend of mine...his father was shot outside his house when he was younger. He doesnt hate that man, rather he feels sorry for him. Yes for a while there he hated him, but he to then came to realise that he didnt have enough energy to hate everyday. He hasnt forgiven that man, he never will. But he doesnt hate him. My friend is a very strong person for it.

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I can't say that I truly hate anyone.

I am in love with heaps of people.

I fell in love with three girls on Saturday night. I told 2 of the three that I loved them. The third one had a super massive boyfriend.

hsc=suicide

HSC
i like dark funeral, the band. dude dont waste your time here, its FULL of hippy god worshipping christians. waste. of. time.

fuck them. listen to some gorgoroth or belphegor.

these pricks are too sheltered from the world.

Legham

HSC
FireFlower said:
woah *cough*emo*cough*

someone needs a girlfriend
Lol, if you read his post you'd see that it doesnt even sound remotely "emo" (whatever that is these days)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Legham said:
Lol, if you read his post you'd see that it doesnt even sound remotely "emo" (whatever that is these days)
stfu emo.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Well, someone had to do it. Ugh.

Dark Funeral said:
Hate, it's stronger than love. Don't believe me? Here's one good example out of the nigh endless examples. Ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend that you used to think you loved but you now hate? Also, it takes a while for someone to fall in love, or someone to fall in love with you but it can take a instant for someone to hate you. If you ever gun someone's family down, or steal someone's life savings you'll know what I'm talking about.
How does one define the strength of an emotion? Like, could hate beat love in an arm wrestling contest? Maybe the correct word would be "easier" or better still, "more frequent". That's pretty obvious, really. By this logic "apathy" is by far the most overwhelmingly powerful emotion in the world, because it is the default position. Don't believe me? There are about six billion examples. It's also the easiest emotion to feel and comes about in the least time (none at all) and requries the least amount of things to happen (none at all). So what?

Anti-love is the ideology characterised by a strong feeling of hatred towards love. Especially towards a relationship between a partner or spouse. Usually invoked by a bad experience in a previous relationship.
So, because some wench broke your poor black little heart, you're going to create a 'set of doctrines or beliefs' based on an 'extreme aversion' towards 'passionate affections' to other people, primarily partners/spouses. ie. Avoiding romantic involvement because someone hurt your feelings before. Now we have a non-ambiguous definition...

Anti-love is primarily directed towards relationships between partners. People who express this ideology refuse to fall in love. However, it must be understood that anti-love is not the hatred of all forms of love, there are a few exceptions, these are

Loving your parents. Due to the fact that most people love one, if not both of their parents.
Love of a thing e.g. a sport or hobby.
Thus, anti-love is generally hatred and opposition with falling in love with another person and/or getting involved with a relationship.
...because of past experiences. Because, unlike previous partners, your parents and hobbies aren't likely to decide they don't like you anymore because you play WoW too often and are a really crappy kisser. So it becomes more obvious that what this "ideology" is, is not a hatred of "love" but actually a fear of being hurt, which you could call a sort of cowardice or immaturity, or perhaps bitterness at one's own lack of success in relationships.

People who believe in this ideology are usually sardonic to those who express love as being “the greatest emotion ever” or otherwise overrate it. In spite of this, it must not be confused that people who are anti-love are pro-hate, which encourages and promotes hate.
Following, you've now got yourself not only being too scared and childish to attempt to be in a relationship just because one went bad, you're also trying to make fun of people who are. Nice one.

A reason for the ideology is the fact that love can cause great amounts, if not the most amount of pain than any other emotion. Others express anti-love because it [love] is “mushy” and stupid. Usually this feeling is only expressed after a bad experience has occurred, such as the break down of a relationship.
ie. furthermore no one is likely to decide to be "anti-love" just because, it only ever happens because of bitterness. It's a fairly absurd way of dealing with what's pretty much a common experience for everyone in the world, except those who married their first ever partner and stayed together until death. Perhaps it can be compared to Darwinism; after all if someone gets broken up'd and is too feeble to attempt another relationship, they're not likely to breed. Neither are you. Kill yourself now.

Dark Funeral

HSC
Captain Gh3y, take your own advise "Kill yourself now". Btw, who the fuck said I was in a relationship, or even wrote that article? Stop assuming things dumb ass. And keep defending it, you're gonna be the one who gets burnt in the end.

IcA-Tom only

HSC
I think that hate is stronger than love but....

You can choose to Hate
Love comes naturally

Choose to Love over Hate......It works I've tryed

Love ya all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)