• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Any chance of this? (1 Viewer)

Imaginethat

HSC
Hey,

I rang USYD about an issue regarding the combined B.IT/COM degree and, despite their help, need further clarification on it. According to website, the degree is heavily geared towards the IT component and so I was wondering if I could get a double major in the commerce part and a single major in the IT part. Hope this can be done...

If anybody can clear this up, would be much appreciated :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
(4)

For the Bachelor of Information Technology a candidate must complete 144 credit points of core units selected from the table of units for the Bachelor of Information Technology stream the candidate is pursuing.

(5)

For the Bachelor of Commerce a candidate must complete 96 credit points selected from the Table of undergraduate units of study from The University of Sydney Business School including:

(a) 36 credit points of core units of study (30 junior credit points and six senior credit points); and

(b) a major; and

(c) at least 48 credit points at 2000 and/or 3000 levels.

Having a look at that, I don't think you would have space to fit two majors in your Commerce component.

Go along to the Info Day anyway, as they will be able to clarify for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)