• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any mechanics out there? (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
$500

well, thats what the really hot guy at the servo told me last year when i was trying to chat him up.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
isnt it cheaper just to buy a manual instead of gettng an auto and then converting it?

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
there's basically no point in most cars. Auto's are faster if you get say a shift kit and transbrake fitted, or a whole new box.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
nowadays there is no point in transferring to manual, u dont gain anything. Maximum speed limit is 110 on the freeway, on the streets its like 60kmh and in a few years that will reduce down to 40kmh--hopeless dont bother wat kind of your car you can cuase you cants experience well here in australia (thanks to the RTA)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Your all missing the point, manuals are muuuch more fun to drive, auto's are fking boring. You don't get to sidestep the clutch at 5 1/2 grand and whatch those cheese cutters burrnn!!!

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
HotShot said:
nowadays there is no point in transferring to manual, u dont gain anything. Maximum speed limit is 110 on the freeway, on the streets its like 60kmh and in a few years that will reduce down to 40kmh--hopeless dont bother wat kind of your car you can cuase you cants experience well here in australia (thanks to the RTA)
Or you can drive out to the NT where on some roads they have no speed limits, but just watch out for those ROOS!

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
DaddyK said:
Your all missing the point, manuals are muuuch more fun to drive, auto's are fking boring. You don't get to sidestep the clutch at 5 1/2 grand and whatch those cheese cutters burrnn!!!
i hear ya. i love driving manuals. autos are so boring.
im the only one out of my friends from school driving a manual.
and one of my friends said she drives an auto coz she drive, do her makeup, do her hair, and change the cd at the same time, and i got pissed off at her and didnt talk to her for a day.
like seriously, you dont do your hair and makeup when your driving, and i can change cds when im driving a manual.
yeah...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
yeah. i went driving today, stalled twice, so i gave up.
but then again, according to my log book, i havent driven since feb last year...
and i havent been with a driving school. i really need to go to a driving school.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
autos with transbrake + stage 2/3 shift kit can be fucking insane. add a manual valve (which means you have to use the auto shifter to shift gears like a manual) and some sort of slam shifter, and you're set! :D Autos are MUCH faster for racing, unless you're very skilled at driving that particular manual.

DaddyK, some cars are more prone to stalling than others - and everyone stalls by accident one time or another

DaddyK

Is out drifting
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
autos with transbrake + stage 2/3 shift kit can be fucking insane. add a manual valve (which means you have to use the auto shifter to shift gears like a manual) and some sort of slam shifter, and you're set! :D Autos are MUCH faster for racing, unless you're very skilled at driving that particular manual.

DaddyK, some cars are more prone to stalling than others - and everyone stalls by accident one time or another
yeh, shifters..for racing...i mean shit i doubt he has a worked 351, and i doubt he's in much hurry to get down a 400m pass. As the for stalling....cars don't vary for stalling, people driving them do. You can't stall a car if you ride the clutch, i'm not saying you have to burn it out but you can always let it out gently, thats y most people stall coz they think they have to let it all out in one go. Unless you have a mad heavy duty clutch like tripple plated, brass button or something insane and it kicks your leg out before you have a chance!!

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
haha i drive mum's pulsar, which has a new clutch, and it's a right bastard to put in and out. Has a takeup point of about 2mm too lol. I never ride the clutch in any manual car - quickest way to wreck it!

i know heaps of people who drive street cars with slam shifters/ stall converters. Doesen't have to be a 351 or whatever - basically if you wanna drive fast, you're gonna have to upgrade the stock box.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
haha i drive mum's pulsar, which has a new clutch, and it's a right bastard to put in and out. Has a takeup point of about 2mm too lol. I never ride the clutch in any manual car - quickest way to wreck it!

i know heaps of people who drive street cars with slam shifters/ stall converters. Doesen't have to be a 351 or whatever - basically if you wanna drive fast, you're gonna have to upgrade the stock box.
Yeh your probly thinking of B&M shifters...which might be what your calling "slam shifters"? It sounds like your trying to make it out as if he needs a pro ratchet or something!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)