• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

any recommendations for texts in eng adv/ext1? (1 Viewer)

isho-3

HSC
can anyone recommend me texts (preferably prose fiction & poetry) to read that might be discussed in english advanced/extension 1?

as of the end of this term (3), i'll have at most ~3 major assessments to complete in the first few weeks of term 4, of which 2 are tests and the other 1 a project. due to the fact that i'll be incredibly stress-free that entire term, i want to get at least a little ahead in reading texts for hsc english bc i know myself that i am horrible at keeping up with assigned reading, plus i want to form an opinion & do some research on the texts beforehand if possible. for this, i'm going to try reading through some of the more likely texts to pop up in class so that i dont have to stress as much about it.

thanks!!

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
can anyone recommend me texts (preferably prose fiction & poetry) to read that might be discussed in english advanced/extension 1?

as of the end of this term (3), i'll have at most ~3 major assessments to complete in the first few weeks of term 4, of which 2 are tests and the other 1 a project. due to the fact that i'll be incredibly stress-free that entire term, i want to get at least a little ahead in reading texts for hsc english bc i know myself that i am horrible at keeping up with assigned reading, plus i want to form an opinion & do some research on the texts beforehand if possible. for this, i'm going to try reading through some of the more likely texts to pop up in class so that i dont have to stress as much about it.

thanks!!
ask your school what texts you do for english adv & ext

igor9

HSC
as if anyone even reads texts for english, i have literally never read one lmao and im sure others have not too and are doing perfectly fine.

hscccc

HSC

thanks!!
theres so many options and combinations, you need to ask your school. in Ext there are multiple different modules, all with 3 texts so unless you ask your teachers its impossible for anyone on here to determine what youll be studying. You will need a supplementary text for extension english, so once you find out your module, read a text you can use for your sup. Honestly though, good idea, please read your texts, it helps so much to gain a holistic understanding!!

Cooking?

HSC

thanks!!
If only I had my English essay paper it gave me a bunch of texts that were recommended to us I'll try to find it for you.

Cooking?

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)