anyone doing indo ext? (1 Viewer)

jess333

HSC
i love indonesian and am thinking about picking up ext. if anyone has info/ opinions on it it would be greatly appreciated!

Schooner

HSC
It's a good interesting subject, but alot of hard work, you will notice you get better at speaking in normal indo too, just make sure you either get a good teacher or get tutored on the side... if not it can be hell on earth if you get confused like i did :uhhuh:

jess333

HSC
we have a great teacher and theres only 4 of us in 2unit indo so its basically one on one tuition anyway. whats the course content like? is it mainly made up of speaking and more intense vocab or is there more to it? how is it scaled?

*sarah*

HSC
Basically its based around the film langitku rumahku. The course covers issues brought up in the film eg poverty and wealth, street kids, the generation gap etc, etc. There is alot of vocab that can be harder to learn than the continuers vocab and u'll find there wont be too much that overlaps. It can be pretty challenging cause its very different to continuers, but its also very interesting and relevent to indo society - its less "fluffy" i guess. It scales REALLY well if u do well in it! If you love indonesian or are good at it id definately recomend u do it!

buggsy

HSC
yeah i am doing it at the mo. its great. at the start for the 1st 2 terms u really only study the film and answer stuff in eng, then u write an essay and do role plays etc for the exam. essay is easy dont worry cos its really short and u basically copy from other students essay responses. plus ur continuers get heaps better.

just wondering if anyone had any ext notes i could borrow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)