anyone have the same english problem? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey!
i'd love to hear from anyone who is in the same boat i am.

you see, in year 11 i was one of the top students in english in my grade and fairly consistently got high and/or above average marks. but for some reason, this year in year 12 (when it all counts!) my marks have been gradually dropping. the trials were even worse and my marks just went foom! down to the fifties. ive been putting in the same amount of effort but still it happened. i never loved english, but that doesnt mean my marks had to suffer!

so is there anyone out there at all who is in the same dilema i'm in? it'd be great to hear im not the only one!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hmm nah, i only do standard, which is full of complete illiterate dumbasses, and coming from only top classs from year 7-10, my marks just keep going up. :D

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
same boat as me... i rkn this boat is pretty big..

i was 5th in ext 1 in year 11.. now after this trial (31/50).. my final ranking is like 30th-40th outa 50..

10th for adv in year 11... gradually dropping down down down.. to 30-40 / 121..

i guess when ur up there.. the only place to go is down... *sigh* OH WELL.. IT'S JUST THE HSC.

Natzd

HSC
hey!!
yeah i'm in the same boat too and it sucks!! my ranks have dropped a bit as well and my marks keep fluctuating this year too instead of being consistent like every other year??!! GO FIGURE!! even though i've been putting the same amount of work into it as everything else..
oh well english sucks anyways, i say.. SCREW IT and the hsc haha

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Yeah my rank was 11/60 something in Year 11

Now, in the crucial time of HSC it happens to be 49/60 thanks to the trials and extreme procrastination.

7th Sign

HSC
man my mark has been stuffed up this year

in term two it was like 72/137

now after the trials I am up to 17/137

that was my mark for the trials but.

tennille

HSC
English is always like that. What annoyed me about Ebglsih is the fact that you couldn't really predict your marks because it is so subjective. In maths, however, you always know when you got something wrong.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
YES!

From 3/63 to 32/63

It hurts.

Everyone else just stepped it up while i just cruised along.

LostAuzzie

HSC
Yep,
Year 11, Ranking was 13th
Year 12, this quickly dropped down to 30th
Both out of around 45 I think
Marks havent changed a lot which is a dissapointment since I have been putting in a whole lot more effort

I agree about English being so hard to predict how you went, left the test thinking id done great ended up with marks like 10 & 13 out of 20

fallovachick

where would u like me lcoated? ;) lol Just kidding
HSC
yeah i know the feeling all too well yes ive been doin ok i spose in assessments this yr gaining around 70% for each of them but for my trials i zoomed down to only just to get 60% and all the pplz i had been beating last yr and this yr in assessments passed me by and got like 74% and everything so ya know and i was 1st in english last yr now i would probably be like close to last coz of my skanky trials!

HSC
I noticed I started to get my ass handed to me in english after year 12 started, all these advanced students dropped down, especially a few before trials and got like 55/60 for paper 2, but only 20/45 for paper 1 ( i know this one guy who got like 36/45 & 56/60 ... crazy!)

but I also noticed because we went from doing only 1 essay for the half yearly, to 6 essays in trial, people seriously got shot down, ie. paper 1 average was 15/45 and paper 2 average was just a pass of 30/60, i was lucky to get 25/45 and 42/60 ... but I worked a good 6-7 hours a day purely on english (2 days before), i felt like killing myself, too much english :(

it also happends to be my weakest subject :(

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
X1 english year 11 final mark = 46/50

X1 english year 12 final mark = 35/50

this really does suck.. but i guess we get what we deserve.. everyone else is working their ass off.. it's time for me to put in the work... i guess better late than never.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
yeh i was coming 31st out of 240 at the end of yr 11.. now im in the late 80s.. and i have no idea why!!! nothing has changed! i think the end staff at our school are just beating us down.. now im at a point where i dont care anymore.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
exactly, my marks and my rankings in year 11 was excellent and in year 12, our english teacher lefted and my marks are dropping down and i only got a chance to improve near the end of the term

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
You people are worrying me, I'm at 1st for both Extension and Advanced English in year 11 - but I have noticed the gap I used to have between the people under me has all but evaporated. I was fairly average in English last year, say B's and rare A's - but my year 11 english teacher is really wonderful, taught me to love english again ^^

mystake

HSC
Actually english is the only subject i have improved in although i was pretty crap before but i have the ssame problem with my other subjects. I was top 5/110 in all my subjects (bar english funnily enough) at the end of yr 11 but i have successfully decreased my ranks dramatically during yr 12. fun for me lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)