Anyone in year 11-12 have a job / if so what job /? (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
I have a casual job working 8-14 hours a week and im in year 11 , anyone else do the same or more ???

Also i got offered a job in mcdonalds , i was actually crazy enough to think of jugggling both of them at the same time

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
i was a nursery hand in year 11. Its pretty demanding though and i don't have the time in year 12 to work full Sundays :<

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by v sia
I have a casual job working 8-14 hours a week and im in year 11 , anyone else do the same or more ???

Also i got offered a job in mcdonalds , i was actually crazy enough to think of jugggling both of them at the same time
really, really don't
I worked two jobs when doing 3u of year 11 and that sucked dick enough!
I think 8-14 hours is okay but seriously, two jobs, while you may be able to deal for a while... you'll be feeling it in term 4 when you start yr 12

KfWang

i think that this thread belongs to the employment sections!!!

anyway
im in year 12 now and curently working at Macdonalds lol sad i know bu i need the money for schoolies, and i find that working helps with schooL??? anyone else feel that way?

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
yeah, i work and my hours change every week but it's normally about 20 hours.
and i agree with everyone when they say don't do the two jobs thing. i did it last year (in year 11) for a while and even disregarding the time commitment, it's just such a lot of effort to make sure your shifts don't clash etc. (it does improve your time management skills though!). commit to one job this year and then they shouldn't mind if you need to cut back on your hours when school gets busy...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i am trying to keep it down to 4-8 hours w week but work is insisting that we are available 3 days - either both sat and sun and a week day or ( sat or sun and 2 weekdays... HELLO i'm in yr 12 and i cant handle what i'm doing now let alone work all that time + its near impossible to work week days cos i have late lessons for extension that rotate every week so i never know when i can work a thursday or not ... they even made me work during my half yearlies even tho i had put down for leave ps i' m a casual....... give it to the 14 year olds who have all the time in the world
PS. I work at woolies ( checkout chik)

KfWang

wow 8 hours? that like.. not that much? im in year 12 but i got like.. around 15 maybe everyweek, though i find school is actually easier in year 12, probably because im starting to pay attention during class.
i do all my homework in free periods and study at home 6 or 5 nights of the week, and im right on top of school
guess it really boils down to what subjects your taking, : mine are all easy small subjects lol

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i get about 8-10 hrs a week this yr and i'm in yr 12 so that suits me fine. luckily a lifeguard gets paid pretty good so i still rack in a fair bit of money yay....dont know where its all gone though...

Aussiechick

HSC
I get between 4-15 hours rostered a week, but when it gets down near 4, I always aks for more shifts - I gotta afford a car somehow!!

. : 2at4u : .

Downhill Mountain Bike Instructor in Thredbo during the summer school holidays. Awesome job, and doesnt interfere with my usual school or even weekend 'commitments' during term. :D

Me hard at work... lol

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Pfft, I want a job where you can sit there all day and play with things. Like "official soft toy tester of cuddliness" or something.

Drake

im a Barista at my brothers cafe. i only work friday because i have year 12..and umm its 4-12pm i get 50buks =| But on holidays i can work full time and can even bring my study out there(not like ill study but) and ill get 100 buks from 9-12pm..its ok. sometimes its busy..most the time its not so its cool.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Drake
im a Barista at my brothers cafe. i only work friday because i have year 12..and umm its 4-12pm i get 50buks =|
lol i think your brother is ripping you off big time!

2 jobs is NOT a good idea
and take time off during exam periods

5c

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
i have never been employed.....
how sad.....

dont worry.. im wif u,
even though im onli in yr 12.. i dont think i'l be getting one..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)