• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone know anything about transferring courses? (1 Viewer)

ladyy-nemo

DOWN ASS BITCH!
HSC
Hi, I'm a new student to UWS. Well... Not yet atleast, until the 1st of March. ANYWAYS, I'm studying B Business & Commerce and I want to pick up Law to make it a combined degree or whatever. Is that hard? How does it work? Any tips and advice will help :) Thanks.

manavji

HSC
N/A
I think to transfer into combined degree you have to apply through UAC again at the end of first year..

You need to maintain a GPA of 5.0 in order to transfer into a combined degree with Law..

GPA of 5.0 = Credit average... so in the first 8 units you do.. make sure you get credits in all of them... or if you get pass in one unit.. get a distinction in other so it equals out to be a credit at the end...

But if you do end up getting a GPA of 5.0 by the end of the year, I would strongly recommend you to transfer out of UWS as the significance of the UWS B Comm degree is quite low compared to other universities when obtaining a decent job.

Last edited:

rajputsingh

HSC
You can transfer internally mid semester. It isn't overly difficult I believe. I know of people who had UAI's of 60 and a credit GPA who transferred mid semester. They look more favourably at internal students.

VicerExciser

HSC
You can transfer internally mid semester. It isn't overly difficult I believe. I know of people who had UAI's of 60 and a credit GPA who transferred mid semester. They look more favourably at internal students.
how does that work? inquire with faculty heads or something?

rajputsingh

HSC
how does that work? inquire with faculty heads or something?

I'm not quite sure because I never did it. Your best option wold be contacting the student centre of the law faculty. Hopefully someone on BoS can be more of a help.

ladyy-nemo

DOWN ASS BITCH!
HSC
I think to transfer into combined degree you have to apply through UAC again at the end of first year..

You need to maintain a GPA of 5.0 in order to transfer into a combined degree with Law..

GPA of 5.0 = Credit average... so in the first 8 units you do.. make sure you get credits in all of them... or if you get pass in one unit.. get a distinction in other so it equals out to be a credit at the end...

But if you do end up getting a GPA of 5.0 by the end of the year, I would strongly recommend you to transfer out of UWS as the significance of the UWS B Comm degree is quite low compared to other universities when obtaining a decent job.
Thanks :) Yeah, I was thinking of transferring to Sydney Uni. Is that even possible? Sorry. I'm kinda... New to all of this.

ladyy-nemo

DOWN ASS BITCH!
HSC
Thanks everyone :) I think I'll stick with completing my first year and "try" and get high distinctions for all units. That'd work right?

manavji

HSC
N/A
Well its certainly possible to transfer into any university after first year... you just have to get really good grades...

You might need pass averages for some universities... credit for others... and distinction averages for the top few like sydney i believe... but apply anyway because who knows you might get in =)

ladyy-nemo

DOWN ASS BITCH!
HSC
Well its certainly possible to transfer into any university after first year... you just have to get really good grades...

You might need pass averages for some universities... credit for others... and distinction averages for the top few like sydney i believe... but apply anyway because who knows you might get in =)
Yeah. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)