anyone know the rates for mcdonalds,kfc or bakers delight? (1 Viewer)

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
:apig: :apig: :apig:
hey.. anyone know the rates for maccas,kfc and/or bakers delight for a 17yo wid no experience??

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well, being 15-16 years old,i got a measly $6/hr... which is why when i had 2 jobs, i chose to quit bakers (despite having been there a long time), because i could work 3 hours on fri night and get $18 or 6-7 hours at my other job and get $60-70
and trust me... a (average) paycheque of $150 a week is much, much nicer than, say, if i was lucky, $72 every two weeks
i think as a 17 year old at bakersyou'd get maybe $7.50...

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
so bakers sh*t pay?
wots the average pay for 17yo? like wots too low?

suz

HSC
hey I'm 17 and work at maccas and the basic rate of pay is $9.20 for a 17 year old, not sure about an 18 year old though. I think it is a pretty decent hourly rate but still lower than my friends who are waitresses

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
Originally posted by suz
hey I'm 17 and work at maccas and the basic rate of pay is $9.20 for a 17 year old, not sure about an 18 year old though. I think it is a pretty decent hourly rate but still lower than my friends who are waitresses
whoa.. they pay pretty well.. did u have experience when u applied? and how long have u bin working there?

suz

HSC
I started when I was 14 and have been workin there for 3 years. As you get older the basic rate increases, e.g. a 14-15 year old gets $6.13. Experience is not taken into consideration. The only way your pay may be more is if you are promoted (which results in a 50c increase) or if the cost of the food increases. On public holidays pay is double time and on sundays time and a half though they tend to not put anyone above 16 on those days lol hope I've helped

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
Originally posted by suz
I started when I was 14 and have been workin there for 3 years. As you get older the basic rate increases, e.g. a 14-15 year old gets $6.13. Experience is not taken into consideration. The only way your pay may be more is if you are promoted (which results in a 50c increase) or if the cost of the food increases. On public holidays pay is double time and on sundays time and a half though they tend to not put anyone above 16 on those days lol hope I've helped
so if i apply now.. wot do u think they'll pay me an hr?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i still reccomend working at the movies, i was 15 when i started and i started on $7.84 for 50 hours of training... then $8.65 something for the next 75 hours... then i went up to $10 :) and 125 hrs isn't that much, esp.if you start in the school hols, hell, once i worked 32 hrs in 2 days (and never again, btw)

suz

HSC
Maccas always needs people so if you apply you are bound to get the job. No resume is required, you only need to fill in an application form and have a very basic interview. If you are 17 you will get $9.20 an hour and most probably will NOT be rostered on Sunday's. Although at first it is overwhelming, I recommend it as you meet great people, time flies because you are continually busy and it looks great when you have worked there. Good luck!!!

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
yeh im juz looking for a summer job

everyone says maccas has shit pay.. but $9.20 is sounds pretty good to me..

cool thanx dudes=)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im 18 and get $11.37

Theres a website that tells you the awards for each area, I'll try and find it....

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
girls dont have to work at the back where all the oil flies at you, right?

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
how old r u and how much pay do u get and how long have u bin working there?
and which out of the 3 do u recommend i apply for?

^___^
HSC
i worked at kfc in yr 10...quited in yr11..now i just finished my hsc..

for long term goal applied mcdonalds, then kfc, then bakers..cos in ur resume, having maccas there is a big bonus..

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
serz.. is it coz its a big company n all?

^___^
HSC
yeap..and its world wide..say u went to apply for a job in other countries near future...having maccas there is a big big bonus..cos everyone knows what they are and how good their management skills are suppose to be...

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
ohhhh ok.. mad..
thanx dude=)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
I've worked bakers and maccas and I'm still at bakers cause the work's a lot better. who wants to make fries and clean tables and carry bags of hot grease out to the bins when you can just sell breadrolls?
17yrs at bakers is $9. i get about $9.50 cause I supervise other staff. time and a half on sundays and double time and a half on public holidays.
maccas had a lot better training and initiation and staff incentives tho if that's what you're looking for...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)