• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone know when the Uni cut-offs are availiable (1 Viewer)

kcluk

anyone kno when the cut 0ffs are available for 2004....
realli hope to see they dropp!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
my guess is not untill u get ur offers unfortunately.. cuz they're affected by demand for that course and subjects aren't finalised till just before the offers.

specialjenny

HSC
So....why do people say "I need a uai of xx.xx to get into my course" even when the course cut off could change?? I am confuse..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
specialjenny said:
So....why do people say "I need a uai of xx.xx to get into my course" even when the course cut off could change?? I am confuse..
because if you look at the uai for say 2-3 years it gives you a decent idea. like, not to the decimal point or anything but say within a 1-2 point range usually

specialjenny

HSC
But I have notice many courses have big uai different gaps..like for example...industrial design at UWS (which is what I want to do) required a uai of 62.xx for 2003 and 70.00 for 2004...I don't know what to expect for 2005.. *cries*

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Ragerunner said:
20th of January they will be released.
what ? but change of preferences are due on jan 6th. so how can we know what course we can get into, without knowing the actual UAI needed to get in ??

smallcattle

HSC
Annegelic said:
what ? but change of preferences are due on jan 6th. so how can we know what course we can get into, without knowing the actual UAI needed to get in ??
i think thats why they give u 9 preferences

mishka

HSC
N/A
the cut offs are used only as a guide for the people in year 12 the following year.

so next year's year 12 will go by our cut offs as we did last year's.

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
Annegelic said:
yah....................will all the uni cut-off up, bcz this year we did really good? i am so worried about it.............i.e. changing preferences means nothing though..........

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The University cut-offs are based on the preferences selected by you.

The closing date is 5th Janauary, in which you are not allowed to change them anymore. Those locked preferences are used to determine the cut-off.

It is not logical to base the 2005 cutoff's based on the 2004 ones because the cut-offs are based on how many students are allowed into the course. As such for example, if the course B Science allows 500 students. then the lowest UAI of the first 500 students that get in will become the published UAI for that course.

get it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)