Archaelogical Evidence (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Does anyone know the names of any specific pieces of bronzework or art things in Roman society? I have no evidence

Plebeian

- Don't forget all buildings are really archaeological evidence - apart from Rome itself, if you still have notes from Pompeii from prelim, there are sources there which can verify most points.

- The Prima Porta statue of Augustus (you might know it, he is standing with one arm raised, wearing a breastplate depicting his retrieval of the Parthian standards which Crassus lost; next to his foot is a cherub riding a dolphin, symbolic of Venus Genetrix - the patron god of the Caesar family)

- All of the friezes / reliefs in the Ara Pacis depict things like Augustus as a priest, receiving thanks from senators, etc.

HSC
N/A
of if you're doing Fall of the Roman Republic, have a look at the Julian Forum. there are also numerous things like reliefs and even the coins with Caesar's head on them and name of consuls in office for that year.

mittens

HSC
flipsyde said:
Does anyone know the names of any specific pieces of bronzework or art things in Roman society? I have no evidence
you arent talking about those bronze discs are you, some had holes in them, other's didn't... they were used to vote guilty or innocent in the trials. the hole was small enough for a thumb and forefinger to cover so that ppl couldnt see how u voted...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)