Are you truly satisfied? (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Lauren22 said:
Ok, so i'm not happy with my UAI...it's wayyy less than i thought i would get... in school at the end of the year i ranked 1st in Eng Adv, Eng Ext1, Eng Ext2 and Music 1...had high, school assessments and even higher moderated marks...

my HSC results were:

Bio - 68/100
Eng Adv - 87/100
Eng Ext1 - 39/50
Eng Ext2 - 45/50
Legal - 78/100
Gen Maths - 72/100
Music 1 - 88/100

and the UAI i got today... was 78.30.

I dont think mine's been properly calculated... my best friend has similar marks in similar subjects (however, she didnt do any extensions) and her UAI was 90.4

Can anyone help me understand this?
To be honest I think this is about right. Your englishes aren't very good scaling, and other subjects are relatively poor.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I'm happier with my marks than my UAI, though my UAI is 4.5 higher than my goal, and 9.5 higher than what I actually would have needed, due to UWS bonus points lol.

UAI...
89.50 =D
Sam said 90.15
JUAI Said 89.80

Marks...
Chem 76
Society & Culture 84
Adv English 86
Music1 90
SOR1 45
Gen Maths 94

OVERALL... I'm very satisfied. Exceeded my expectations and made myself happy :)

Last edited:

Lauren22

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Does your friend have similar marks or a bit higher, Lauren?
Prolly one or more of her subjects have come into play to boost her...
there's a few marks between us in some things, but we both have alternate leverage over eachother in marks, they pan out to be pretty equal... but English extensions are supposed to scale well...?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lauren22 said:
there's a few marks between us in some things, but we both have alternate leverage over eachother in marks, they pan out to be pretty equal... but English extensions are supposed to scale well...?
well you had an E2 in one...

tom101007

HSC
im satisfied with my UAI (94.80) but not my marks, i really thought id get a band 6 in chem and phys but didnt get either, I came close though, also dissapointed with my EngAdv marks cause i worked really hard to try and get into band 5 but just fell short in that too,
however my 4 unit maths i was really happy with cause after the paper i was really depresed with it

i dunno my estimate was 95.95 so i didnt live up to it, but i always thought my estimate was too high

fishbulb

HSC
tom101007 said:
im satisfied with my UAI (94.80) but not my marks, i really thought id get a band 6 in chem and phys but didnt get either, I came close though, also dissapointed with my EngAdv marks cause i worked really hard to try and get into band 5 but just fell short in that too,
however my 4 unit maths i was really happy with cause after the paper i was really depresed with it

i dunno my estimate was 95.95 so i didnt live up to it, but i always thought my estimate was too high
Yeh same sorta thing for me. I'm happy with my uai but i wanted more for english and 4u maths.

What did u end up getting for 4 unit?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
I think theres always that feeling of unsatisfaction, knowing that you could've done better (thats how I felt when I first got my results)

But then again, it feels pretty good knowing that you haven't reached your potential yet, that there's so much more you can do.

So overall, I guess I'm pretty happy.

jennieTalia

HSC
I guess superficially I am happy with my mark... but I do have this overwhelming MEH feeling.
I got 96.2, and I was fretting all year about beating the 90s mark. So yeah, sure, good number imo... but I'm just not feeling it.

I mean who else thinks it is SUCH an anti-climax for all those years slaving away at high school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)