• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Assesment block 1 (1 Viewer)

jamez1990

HSC
N/A
howd you guys went in ext 2 exam ?

hmm.. im kind of dissapointed in my mark.. only got 76%
you reckon its an alright mark ?

G

gaoOO

jamez1990 said:
howd you guys went in ext 2 exam ?

hmm.. im kind of dissapointed in my mark.. only got 76%
you reckon its an alright mark ?
considering the standards at various schools, 76% sounds damn awesome... obviously dependent on how everyone else went. Our school sometimes has averages near fail marks.

Wackedupwacko

HSC
to be honesty assessment marks from now on means very little... ok its still good to get high but what im gettiong at is its all about the rank. if you get 50% and come 1st for that test well its still good =]

jamez1990

HSC
N/A
i came 3rd..
1st got 41/51
2nd got 40/51
3rd got 39/51 <---- which is me

i screwed up the test so badly..it wasnt a hard exam.. just i made soo many stupid mistakes..
i think the average was around 30/51...
the schools christian brothers lewisham..
man i hope i can get my rank up to 1st.. in the next assesments..

Wackedupwacko

HSC
tbh there... relatively u did not get screwd up....and remember its the ranks that r important not the marks XD and your only 2 ranks/marks behind 1st so plenty of chances to beat that person

IceOnFire

HSC
Did you all only have complex numbers in your test, or was it both complex numbers and graphs?

Any suggestions for studying those two topics?

My test is coming up next thursday, still plenty of time to prepare, but I want to ace/kill it.

Thanks. :)

Btw Jamez1990, don't know about your mark but your rank is awesome. :)

P

pLuvia

Graphs is pretty straightforward, their might be graph questions on drawing f'(x) from f(x) or vice versa, or they give you a graph and you have to draw arctanf(x), arcsinf(x) etc. And some easy implicit differentiation, don't stuff up on the algebra.

Complex numbers isn't that hard, I doubt they'll put complex polynomials if you haven't done any polynomials yet, but be wary. The teachers may steal questions from past HSC papers, trial papers. Be sure to know how to graph complex loci, and show algebraically the cartesian equation of these loci.

Some vector questions might be in it, like as to find points using vectors. Check out some of the past HSC questions on this type, it's not very common but sometimes is a bit tricky

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck :D

Edit: We only had a complex number test for our first one

Last edited by a moderator:

IceOnFire

HSC
pLuvia said:
Graphs is pretty straightforward, their might be graph questions on drawing f'(x) from f(x) or vice versa, or they give you a graph and you have to draw arctanf(x), arcsinf(x) etc. And some easy implicit differentiation, don't stuff up on the algebra.
Hey thanks!

I thought graphs would be more like 1/f(x), f(x)^2, lnf(x), etc...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Mine's coming up on Friday, just on complex numbers. I hope that I'd be able to figure out how to do every question...sometimes my brain stuffs up :eek:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Just did my exam today. It was alright, I suppose...scratch a few brain freezes here and there, like this question that you could do in one/two steps and I only realised it the third time round :mad1: Just hoping that I've written enough working, that my diagrams are big enough, that they're not gonna point at my solution and go "Set it out MY way!"... Ugh. -_-'''

kahkalash

HSC
AHHH!
i am very disappoint in my 4unit mark. I get 95% raw marks, but i should have gotting much more!! ahhhhh!

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
kahkalash said:
AHHH!
i am very disappoint in my 4unit mark. I get 95% raw marks, but i should have gotting much more!! ahhhhh!
you gota be joking.

Anyway i had mine today, and got 75%. 1/4 rank so im pretty happy

Test was on complex and conics

P

pLuvia

Airie - Just did my exam today. It was alright, I suppose...scratch a few brain freezes here and there, like this question that you could do in one/two steps and I only realised it the third time round Just hoping that I've written enough working, that my diagrams are big enough, that they're not gonna point at my solution and go "Set it out MY way!"... Ugh. -_-'''

That's what I worry every time I walk out of the exam room plus questions wrong etc :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For those that are disappointed, do not worry. Remember that this is your first assessment of many, including your half yearlies and trials, which have a much higher weighting. Keep on working at it and you will hopefully improve on your results. :)

Raginsheep

HSC
kahkalash said:
AHHH!
Maybe his grade had a very easy test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)