Assessment Help For Legal Studies (Consumers) (1 Viewer)

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
Hi,

I've got a question that states:

How does Australian law recognise human rights?

Now, does that mean what are the measures that the Aust. gvt has put into place to protect and enshrine human rights? E.G.

1) Australian law generally recognises and protects human rights. Numerous laws have been enacted to protect human rights and the Constitution of Australia has been found to contain certain implied rights by the High Court. The Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission is an independent statutory government body set up to enforce and enshrine human rights.

That's my current answer. Is that correct?

luckee67

HSC
N/A
yeah it looks pretty good, but maybe also include aust role as un memeber and signatory to various conventions

Celestial Kitty

HSC
to maximise marks try to include some case studies and how they affect how well human rights are protected.
and comment on some groups or treaties that exist today
hope this helps ^^:D

LAMBERS16

HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
Hi,

I've got a question that states:

How does Australian law recognise human rights?

Now, does that mean what are the measures that the Aust. gvt has put into place to protect and enshrine human rights? E.G.

1) Australian law generally recognises and protects human rights. Numerous laws have been enacted to protect human rights and the Constitution of Australia has been found to contain certain implied rights by the High Court. The Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission is an independent statutory government body set up to enforce and enshrine human rights.

That's my current answer. Is that correct?

Australia recognises human rights through three means:
common law, statute law and the constitution...aka. domestic law

3p1c f41lur3

HSC
its all good except you are posting it in a wrong section man, this is the option section, you probably need 2 post in human right section

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
its all good except you are posting it in a wrong section man, this is the option section, you probably need 2 post in human right section
this is all good except you're replying a bit late man, this is a year-old thread, you probably needed to post in 2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)