ASSESSMENT - :( HOW WOULD YOU APPROACH THIS !! (1 Viewer)

woopsoup

HSC
SO i have an assessment for eng advanced and basically, we have to make a multimodal presentation on Othello and inception and a stupid quote and we have to write an essay then SPEAK IIT IN A POWER POINT AND IM LITERALLY dying lmao:)!
"Othello" and "Inception" - how they use imagined worlds to comment on and reflect their own contexts, offering enduring insights into society: The question is
Task Summary:
You must produce a multimodal presentation that examines how narratives use imagined worlds to comment upon and reflect their own contexts, offering enduring insights into society.

Your presentation should examine how Othello and Inception/The Social Network use the conventions of narrative and form to captivate audiences and shape meaning. Be sure to analyse and compare key concepts from the rubric and show how these ideas inform our perceptions and understanding.

You are expected to convey a clear and original argument using multiple modes of communication. You should incorporate features such as images, creative and conceptual title/s, captions, subheadings, audio and/or video. You should integrate examples from your texts, which may include images, quotes, examples and/or film footage to communicate and persuade your audience.

Task Format and Details:
You must create your composition in PowerPoint.
You must include a voiceover adhering to the essay structure.
Your PowerPoint slides must consist of mainly visual elements, with limited writing.
Your presentation must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
Your presentation must not exceed 12 slides in length.

You will be marked on:
Your ability to critically respond to the question
The representation of ideas from voiceover through visual elements in your PowerPoint
Your verbal capabilities, including your tone, volume, modulation and articulation
Your use of detailed and well-selected textual evidence
Your analysis of literary and film techniques
Your understanding of appropriate paragraph and essay structure
Your use of language according to purpose, audience and context
crying right now if any of you guys have any ideas I WILL BE ETERNALLYV GRATEFUL :)

tangerines

HSC
i did an assessment almost identical to this in year 11, except we got to choose our related text (so instead of inception i chose a diff text) and pretty much i made slides for each theme that’s explored across both texts, ie. prejudice, deception, vengeance, etc. each theme had a symbol, like for deception there was a figure behind a mask, and then i discussed how those themes created meaning for each text and their parallels to human experiences. as long as you have a good understanding of the themes and how you might visually represent them through images/symbols i think you’ll be fine! i enjoyed this assessment when i did it (anything beats an essay for me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)