Assessment (1 Viewer)

dingusmagee

HSC
"The Nineteenth Century saw the fracturing of a range of firmly established beliefs and ideals"
The effect of this on the Individual and Society is particularly confronting when represented visually.

Discuss this statement with particular feference to
  • Two scenes from Pride and Prejudice
  • Dramatic representation in a Doll's House
  • A Nineteenth century visual text
  • A Nineteenth Century written text
Thats assessment question. Just wondering whether anyone has good ideas about answering it. Also any ideas for a nineteenth century visual text would be very helpful cos ive got no idea.

Thanks

Azreil

HSC
My advice for one scene in Pride and Prejudice would be Lady Catherine confronting Elizabeth about marrying Darcy. The fact that Elizabeth refuses to pay attention to her and the visual elements of the scene (Lady Catherine's opulent carriage, etc) would fit this question rather well.

We haven't done A Doll's House yet, we're doing that next term so I can't really help sorry =(

Visual texts could be "Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?" by Paul Gaugin or Munch's "The Scream".

Good luck! :)

dingusmagee

HSC
thanks for your help especially with the visual texts.

Both those visual texts are paintings. I've never analysed paintings before. Is it similar to other visual texts? Also how do you determine what it is saying about the fracturing of beliefs?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)