assignment (1 Viewer)

chunder

HSC
I got an assignment that requires me to analyse the current state of the Australian economy and policies implemented in recent years. How should i approach it? Should i just go through the text book or be adventurous?

bobo123

HSC
what do you mean by adventurous?
last time i did that i got 12/20 :D

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by chunder
I got an assignment that requires me to analyse the current state of the Australian economy and policies implemented in recent years. How should i approach it? Should i just go through the text book or be adventurous?
Be adventurous. I did an assignment just like this and i scored 100%. Tip: dont use the textbook at all other than economic theory. Do research, and be creative about it. And since the book hasnt been updated since last year (it was printed last year), you should so some research. Some good starting points:

*The new FTAs. E.g With Singapore, and the supposedly upcoming one with the USA
*World consumer sentiments. September 11, War on Iraq.
* HIH, One Tel.
* Sars- hows its helping the domestic tourism sector (i.e not those depending on foreign tourists, but intercine tourists)

Hope this helps

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by chunder
well with analytical essays u need to break the subject down into smaller parts and then show the linkages, cause/effect etc. between those different sub categories......so with the australian economy, you could break it down into different sectors (international/domestic, or primary/secondary/tertiary, or agricultural/manufacturing/financial services/...../..... etc etc etc) you could then analyse each of these sectors and show how they relate to each other

once that is done, i would go on to policies...probably divided up into macroeconomic and microeconomic policies......you would hav to do a fair bit of research for this, but sum examples would be GST, FTA's, workplace reforms, education reforms for microeconomic.........and for macroeconomic you should probably focus on monetary and fiscal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)