Assignments or Exams? (1 Viewer)

Which do you perform better in? Assignments or Exams?

• Assignments

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Exams

Votes: 33 40.7%

• Total voters

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Which of the two do you perform better in? Assignments or Exams? I prefer assignments because it sets a goal for me to actually complete the task otherwise I get busted by the teachers, while for exams, I don't really revise and study daily, just cram, which I'll have to work upon :eek:.

jcurry

HSC
for me exams are easier
usually in top 2 or 3 for exams except for english but in assignment i became much more average
just cant seem to put the effort into them

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
exams cause everyone does the thing in the same time while in assignments i usually do it last minute

HSC
It really depends on the subject for me.
I find I do better in assignments for legal studies rather than exams, but my exam marks in business studies are higher than their assignment marks.
People generally go better in assignments because they are usually take home tasks; where you have time to plan, research and answer the question.
Exams however, test your knowledge on the spot and therefore students usually perform worse in them than assignments.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Assignments, please. No stress. :p

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Personally exams, but as it has been mentioned before, it does depend on the subject.

huhwotsthis

HSC
I perform better in assignments, but give me a test over an exam anyday. I hate assignments.

HSC
in general, exams. i just get higher marks in them, whereas i tend to procrastinate when it comes to assignments. i.e. a biology experiment that's due in like two weeks and i haven't started.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't worry - got two English essays due on Tuesday (next week), and I haven't started yet.

jcurry

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
in general, exams. i just get higher marks in them, whereas i tend to procrastinate when it comes to assignments. i.e. a biology experiment that's due in like two weeks and i haven't started.
you call that procrastinating

unless its an experiment that takes several weeks to be completed than kudos to you

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Exams. Assignments are just stressful and time consuming.

HSC
jcurry said:
you call that procrastinating

unless its an experiment that takes several weeks to be completed than kudos to you
lol, it is procrastinating when i got the assessment in late february and it involves observing the growth of plants over a period of time... and it's worth 20%. so basically i'm going to bullshit in my log book to make it look like i started ages ago.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Exams. With assignments, I always just get it done & over with thus its usually poorly done :p
With exams however, I study so my parents don't beat my ass when school mails the results home (& I want to do well).

jcurry

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
lol, it is procrastinating when i got the assessment in late february and it involves observing the growth of plants over a period of time... and it's worth 20%. so basically i'm going to bullshit in my log book to make it look like i started ages ago.
lol
how good is your bullshitting?
hope it works out for you

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
Just alternate pens and styles of writing over the period of time. Oh, and include diagrams of what the plants growth should look like in each entry.
For my year ten SRP on germination I started the log book the night before it was due, did exactly this and got near full marks for it.
Let's just say I'm pretty ace at bullshitting.

selablad

HSC
I prefer exams (less work overall) but tend to perform better in assignments, because assignments aren't as easy as exams, and are more interesting, so I make fewer silly mistakes. Or something...

HSC
lol
how good is your bullshitting?
hope it works out for you
on one hand, my favourite subjects are basically bullshitting subjects (english, ancient history), but on the other, i really suck at SRP type things... i think i'll be alright though... thanks.

Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Just alternate pens and styles of writing over the period of time. Oh, and include diagrams of what the plants growth should look like in each entry.
For my year ten SRP on germination I started the log book the night before it was due, did exactly this and got near full marks for it.
Let's just say I'm pretty ace at bullshitting.
ooh, i didn't think of that... will write my next entry in blue pen, and include diagrams when i actually start... lol, thanks!

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Exams.

Kids who cheat, plagarise and get their parents to do there assignments dont get A's.

Dont worry there are a few kids like that I know and its funny watching them struggle in exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)