• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

At the marking centre (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Does anyone know how it goes?
How many teachers are there? do they toss all the MW's in a heap and the teachers just grab a random one and sit in a corner until they are done? Or are specific teachers assigned to a particular medium, and they sit at a table and collaborate while marking? And how long does it take on average to mark a work?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
specific teachers ARE assigned to whatever medium they feel most suited to mark.

they sit at tables in groups, mark works individually. each work is marked more than once but i couldn;t tell you how often. it generally takes about a half an hour for a teacher to mark the work. no time at all when you consider the work and time that goes into it over the entire year!

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i think they mark the MWs twice
if there's a huge difference between both marks the head marker person takes a look at it and i suppose it's marked another few times

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
they probably do get an hour, but that doesn't mean that they use the whole hour. remember that all the MW's have to be marked by a specific date so they are pretty rushed. my teacher told me that they spent roughly a half an hour on it depending the medium.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Not too sure. You should ask your teachers at school, to see if any of them have done marking before.

I wonder if it's a good thing that the markers only get limited time to mark our works....

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
A teacher at my school said that on average a teacher can get through 4 MW in one marking session, (1 per hour) and because they are given that long, they are only marked once! Does anyone have like documents to say if thats true or not, because ever since she told me, ive been having heart failure!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Isnt the whole marking centre thing supposed to be secret?? or is that just what ive been told because some people couldnt be fuckd telling me??

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Nah my teacher is a senior marker and they are definitely marked at least twice. He told us a story bout how one that he came across had been given 45/50 by one marker, and 15/50 by another. His job was to mark it again and determine a proper mark....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That was probably my story, one person thought it was great, the other thought i was just a sadistic, incomprehensible bumbling idiot dragging on about some nonesense to try and sound sophisticated and cheat my way into a good mark...

i say TAKE MY 49/50 BIATCH :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
lmao AsyLum.

But yeh that is a very big difference. The marking centre should not be all a big secret...they're practically the ones who decide on our future! My teachers who are markers are quite happy to give us little inside gossip about what's happening with the markers.

And so they should! Every little bit counts

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
It is unpredictable... but thats part of the risk of the course... you put all this passion into your baby and pray that they'll love it as much as you do... sounds kinda pointless now, but i think its worth it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)