ATAR calculator accurate? (1 Viewer)

unLimitieDx

HSC
So the subjects I do are 4u maths, physics, chemistry and advanced english. I give each a hsc mark of 80 and according to the calculator it's an estimate of 91.75. I understand that this atar is for 2011 and each year varies according to how well students do but to what extent is this true? Will the mark differ much?

barbernator

HSC
it is accurate for the year in which it was taken, and it wont differ too much from year to year.

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
And my teacher told me today that if we get like 85ish for chem and physics, that is considered a band 6... ur marks scale up

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Raw marks do get aligned to HSC marks.

And to OP, with those subjects the cohorts are pretty historically consistent, so it doesn't fluctuate that much so they are fairly accurate. Like no more than 1.5 either way I'd say.

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
85ish A HSC MARK ....
^Raw marks do get aligned to HSC marks.

And to OP, with those subjects the cohorts are pretty historically consistent, so it doesn't fluctuate that much so they are fairly accurate. Like no more than 1.5 either way I'd say.

enoilgam

HSC
Last year they seemed to be somewhat more inaccurate then what they have been in previous years. This is probably because many of the ones available (Einstein, Matrix etc) havent been updated in a while.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Last year they seemed to be somewhat more inaccurate then what they have been in previous years. This is probably because many of the ones available (Einstein, Matrix etc) havent been updated in a while.
Yeah, nah.

Talent was scaling from 2010 and matrix from 2009 and both had me at ~96.5

~whoops~

Every single subject I did scaled worse last year than years prior.

mike12345678

HSC
hey,

quick question. when ur entering your marks into the atar calculator do you put raw marks or alligned marks.

because dont uac take the raw marks and use that for the ATAR rather than alligned marks??

king chopper

HSC
On the SAM atar calculator on this website - how do you estimate your aligned mark. Would it be close to what i'm getting in school assesments or do i scale them up somewhat if i'm in a top 20 ranked school

enoilgam

HSC
hey,

quick question. when ur entering your marks into the atar calculator do you put raw marks or alligned marks.

because dont uac take the raw marks and use that for the ATAR rather than alligned marks??
You enter final marks.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
ATAR calculators use HSC marks which are already aligned. This is why it is not very useful in terms estimates mid year since you end up having to estimate your HSC mark anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)