ATAR Estimate please (1 Viewer)

Autistic Chimp

HSC
N/A
Hey, I go to a school which ranked 102nd according to the Better Education rankings last year. My results so far are as follows:

English Standard: 20/75 - (mainly because my confidence in public speaking was way down, the written tasks from here in should hopefully see this go up. I did alright in prelim advanced)
Maths Ext 2: 1/2
Maths Ext 1: 2/13
Chemistry: 3/43
Physics: 2/19
SOR 1: 7/95

Another note is that both chemistry and physics assessments so far were prac exams, and I should move up to 1st after upcoming exams. My Maths Ext 1 external mark realistically should be 1st, I came first in every Maths and Ext 1 prelim assessment by >10% in prelim, and I was disadvantaged in my first assessment task due to flooding in my area, and I probably won't quite catch up internally.

What do people see me getting? Obviously Maths Ext 2 will be hard to judge based on the small cohort. To give a little context of my last assessment: to allow us to compare marks, my teacher gave the two of us a past internal assessment for a larger ext 2 cohort, I achieved 60%, and my friend received 43%. The 43% was one of the higher marks of the past cohort, and my 60% was the only pass mark out of about 12 people. The highest mark in the past cohort was a 95 in Ext 2 maths.

Autistic Chimp

HSC
N/A
My goal in Standard would be to get 10th or higher out of 75 in Standard English. I'm very much science and maths orientated (clearly), and I'd be pretty happy with anything that gets me in to uni. At the moment that's an ATAR of 87 for a combined Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering degree at ANU.

vtx

HSC
N/A
Nooo
You made a big mistake by doing standard!
GET RANK 1 IN STANDARD
My estimate goes down to around 92?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Nooo
You made a big mistake by doing standard!
GET RANK 1 IN STANDARD
My estimate goes down to around 92?
Bullshit. I got similar ranks to the op with shit scaling subjects for a prelim estimate and the majority of the answers were from 92-95 (school ranked 103 during prelim year). With your subjects you should be looking at 96-97 +. Just boost your standard rank up as much as possible.

Autistic Chimp

HSC
N/A
My standard rank should go up now that the speaking task is out of the way. The thing is, I don't really mind whether or not I get high 90's. I'll settle for an 87 if it gets me into the course I want.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
My standard rank should go up now that the speaking task is out of the way. The thing is, I don't really mind whether or not I get high 90's. I'll settle for an 87 if it gets me into the course I want.
That's the only thing that matters, once you get into uni your atar is worthless.

ayecee

HSC
Hey I was wondering if I could have some advice on an achievable ATAR for myself. I have pretty much the same subjects as Autistic Chimp. My prelim results are as follows:
English STD: 21/93
Maths Ex2: 1/7 (This is for the one exam we have done for HSC)
Maths Ex1: 1/17 (This is prelim, I'm 2/16 for the first exam of HSC)
Physics: 4/20
Software: 3/10

I also do RE 1 but I don't think it'll count. I also did maths 2u last year and got HSC mark of 95 and ranked 2/30something, however the rate I'm going in Ex2 I don't think I'll use it.
I know English is going to drag me down immensely, but I can't do much about it now, I have just gotten an english tutor though so hopefully it'll rise a bit.

Aysce

HSC
Hey I was wondering if I could have some advice on an achievable ATAR for myself. I have pretty much the same subjects as Autistic Chimp. My prelim results are as follows:
English STD: 21/93
Maths Ex2: 1/7 (This is for the one exam we have done for HSC)
Maths Ex1: 1/17 (This is prelim, I'm 2/16 for the first exam of HSC)
Physics: 4/20
Software: 3/10

I also do RE 1 but I don't think it'll count. I also did maths 2u last year and got HSC mark of 95 and ranked 2/30something, however the rate I'm going in Ex2 I don't think I'll use it.
I know English is going to drag me down immensely, but I can't do much about it now, I have just gotten an english tutor though so hopefully it'll rise a bit.
Assuming your school rank is similar to Autistic Chimp's, I think you're looking at roughly 96ish

ayecee

HSC
Assuming your school rank is similar to Autistic Chimp's, I think you're looking at roughly 96ish
Okay, how can I get an estimate on my school's ranking? (considering it isn't in the top 200 listed on better edu)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)