atar estimate (1 Viewer)

getmemed

HSC
Hi, I feel that I'm doing quite well in terms of most of my subjects, except for english. I go to a top 4 school and these are roughly my rankings:

eng adv - ~50-70/~190 (low band 6/band 5 - but apparently my school marks tough? i honestly dont really know where my rank is but around there)
maths ext 1 - ~7/~130
maths ext 2 - ~5/~80
geography - 1/~85
chem - ~12/~100 (idk)
phys - ~10/~100 (idk)

do you think i can still get a ~99.85-90? i definitely think i can pull myself into the top 5 for phys and chem by trials, but it's just english that isn't very good.

thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given the information that you have provided, and as of right now, it appears that your performance is consistent with an ATAR that easily exceeds 98. Your performance is evidently favourable across all of your subjects, meaning that your ATAR goal remains a possibility. Of course, while your overall performance is of a high standard, this does not necessarily mean that you are performing at the same level in each of your subjects, the main example being your optimal rank in Geography compared to your rank in English Advanced.

While improvements to your rank in Physics and Chemistry will definitely make a positive contribution to your ATAR, keep in mind the fact that 10 units worth of subjects will count towards your ATAR, comprised of your best 2 units of English and 8 units worth of other subjects. The emphasis here is on the fact that a student's best 2 units of English will always count towards their ATAR. In terms of how this applies to you, English Advanced will definitely count towards your ATAR. Because of this, you should attempt to improve your rank by performing at a higher level in your remaining school-based assessment tasks/exams for English Advanced (and subsequently your HSC exam) in conjunction with other subjects where you feel confident in your abilities (you mentioned Physics and Chemistry for instance).

I hope this helps! :D

idkkdi

HSC
Hi, I feel that I'm doing quite well in terms of most of my subjects, except for english. I go to a top 4 school and these are roughly my rankings:

eng adv - ~50-70/~190 (low band 6/band 5 - but apparently my school marks tough? i honestly dont really know where my rank is but around there)
maths ext 1 - ~7/~130
maths ext 2 - ~5/~80
geography - 1/~85
chem - ~12/~100 (idk)
phys - ~10/~100 (idk)

do you think i can still get a ~99.85-90? i definitely think i can pull myself into the top 5 for phys and chem by trials, but it's just english that isn't very good.

thanks!
u want english at about a 93 overall to make .85+ range more comfortable. You're banking on going near perfect across all stem in externals rn.

getmemed

HSC
Given the information that you have provided, and as of right now, it appears that your performance is consistent with an ATAR that easily exceeds 98. Your performance is evidently favourable across all of your subjects, meaning that your ATAR goal remains a possibility. Of course, while your overall performance is of a high standard, this does not necessarily mean that you are performing at the same level in each of your subjects, the main example being your optimal rank in Geography compared to your rank in English Advanced.

While improvements to your rank in Physics and Chemistry will definitely make a positive contribution to your ATAR, keep in mind the fact that 10 units worth of subjects will count towards your ATAR, comprised of your best 2 units of English and 8 units worth of other subjects. The emphasis here is on the fact that a student's best 2 units of English will always count towards their ATAR. In terms of how this applies to you, English Advanced will definitely count towards your ATAR. Because of this, you should attempt to improve your rank by performing at a higher level in your remaining school-based assessment tasks/exams for English Advanced (and subsequently your HSC exam) in conjunction with other subjects where you feel confident in your abilities (you mentioned Physics and Chemistry for instance).

I hope this helps! :D
Great, thank you so much!!

Well I got 17 in the common module and 16 in mod B for english, do you know what I'll have to hit for my term 2, trials and HSC to get around 92-3 for english?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Great, thank you so much!!

Well I got 17 in the common module and 16 in mod B for english, do you know what I'll have to hit for my term 2, trials and HSC to get around 92-3 for english?
No worries!

In terms of your remaining school-based assessment tasks/exams, the aim is to achieve the highest possible marks in order to rank as high as possible. This is the essential element that will increase your chances of achieving 92-93 as your HSC mark for English Advanced, as favourable internal performance will ultimately increase your chances of receiving a favourable Assessment Mark.

In terms of your HSC exam and considering recent data, your raw mark (i.e. the mark that you actually achieved, which is not aligned) should at least be approximately 86-87, which, when aligned, will result in an Examination Mark of around 92-93. Of course, the better you can perform in your English Advanced HSC exam, the higher your chances of receiving a favourable Examination Mark, which will in turn make a positive contribution towards achieving your desired HSC mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)