• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

atar estimate? (1 Viewer)

pulved

HSC
Just interested in what you guys think my atar is looking at right now

School is top ~ 200

English advanced: 6/100 5-10 b6 (our cohort rlly good tho)
4u math: 4/10 2-3 b6
3u math: 2/42 10+ b6
Chem: 3/19 barely any b6 but again our cohort is cracked
Phys: 6/24 same as chem

I put my marks and raw marks etc into calc and its looking at like 98-99

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR between 96.5 and 98. It is normal for different estimates to report differing possible ATARs or ATAR ranges, since they may be done differently.

Your position is favourable across your subjects, although the degree to which it is is not the same. Mathematics Extension 1 is your highest-performing subject, meaning that it will likely make a highly positive contribution towards your ATAR. Because of this, you must ensure that you maintain your excellent performance in this subject, allowing you to retain your rank, which would place you in a comfortable position as you approach your Mathematics Extension 1 HSC exam.

The same can be suggested, although to a slightly lower extent, about your performance in English Advanced and Chemistry. This means that both subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution towards your ATAR, although not at the level of Mathematics Extension 1. Maintaining (and if possible, improving) your position in both subjects would increase your chances of a higher ATAR.

While your performance is not of a low standard in Mathematics Extension 2 and Physics, it appears to be the lowest compared to the rest of your subjects. This indicates that the most improvement can be made in these two subjects (of course, you know your own strengths and weaknesses best). Based on this, you must do your utmost to perform at the highest possible standard in both subjects, which will hopefully bring you closer to your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)